Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Moon Tahiti & French Polynesia
Best Beaches, Local Culture, Snorkeling & Diving
Contributions by David Stanley
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $23.99 $29.99 CAD
- ebook $16.99 $21.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around June 6, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
- Flexible itineraries for solo travelers, honeymooners, and families, including two weeks experiencing the best of French Polynesia, a weeklong romantic getaway, and a trip to the awe-inspiring archaeological sites of the Marquesas Islands
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Dance to the beat of Tahitian drums at a Polynesian cultural festival, admire striking views of Moorea’s volcanic landscape from Belvedere Lookout, and fall asleep under the stars from the comfort of your overwater bungalow in Bora Bora. Venture out to the Marquesas Islands for dramatic landscapes, secluded beaches, and the best handicrafts in the region, visit ancient tikis, and feast on delicious fresh seafood and tropical fruit
- Outdoor adventures: Get up close with migrating humpback whales and scuba dive with sharks, manta rays, sea turtles, and more. Trek along a jungle trail in search of refreshing waterfalls, paddle a traditional outrigger canoe across a bright blue lagoon, or unwind on the pink and white shores of idyllic Tikehau
- How to experience Tahiti and French Polynesia like an insider, support local and sustainable businesses, avoid over-tourism, and respectfully engage with the culture
- Expert insight from writer, photographer, and experienced diver Chantae Reden on where to eat, how to get around, and where to stay, from overwater bungalows and luxurious resorts to budget guesthouses
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Reliable background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history, as well as common customs and etiquette
Looking for more islands? Check out Moon Fiji or Moon Bali & Lombok.
- "Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
- “The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
- "Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
- "Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
- "Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
- "Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Jun 6, 2023
- Page Count
- 416 pages
- Moon Travel