Visit our store for discounts & free shipping over $35 SHOP NOW>>
Moon Puerto Vallarta: With Sayulita, the Riviera Nayarit & Costalegre
Getaways, Beaches & Surfing, Local Flavors
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 31, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
- Strategic, flexible itineraries with ideas for outdoor adventurers, beach bums, surfers, budget travelers, wellness seekers, and more, including a Costalegre road trip
- The top outdoor adventures: Snorkel in the crystal-clear ocean, spot humpback whales and sea turtles out on the bay, or take a surfing lesson. Catch a sunset on the beach, go standup paddle boarding, or escape to the misty Sierra Madres for a hike
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Enjoy tacos from a street vendor, feast on Mexican delicacies at a waterfront restaurant, or drop anchor and grill your freshly-caught fish in a palapa. Shop from local artists along the Malecón, or spend a day volunteering at a turtle rescue camp. Visit a tequila distillery, sample local raicilla, and dance to cumbia as the sun sets over the beach
- How to experience Puerto Vallarta like an insider, support local and sustainable businesses, avoid crowds, and respectfully engage with the culture
- Expert insight from local writer Madeline Milne
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Reliable background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history, as well as common customs and etiquette
- Handy tools including a Spanish phrasebook, packing suggestions, and travel tips for families with kids, seniors, travelers with disabilities, travelers of color, and LGBTQ+ travelers
Exploring more of Mexico? Check out Moon Baja, Moon Oaxaca, or Moon Mexico City.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.