Effective July 1, 2023
Last Updated July 1, 2023
- Device information, including Internet Protocol address, device identifiers, and details about your web browser.
- Analytical information, including details about your interaction with our Services.
- Diagnostic information, including web traffic logs.
- Advertising information, including special advertising and other unique identifiers that enable us or our third-party partners to target advertisements to you.
- Business record information, including records of your purchases of products and services.
We use both first- and third-party Cookies in connection with your use of the Services. “First-party Cookies” are cookies that we, or service providers acting directly on our behalf, place on your browser when you use our Services. “Third-party Cookies” are cookies that certain of our third-party partners place on your browser when you use not only our Services, but other websites or applications. Please note that the information gathered from Third-Party Cookies placed on your web browser when you visit non-Hachette websites or applications may still be used to better target advertisements to you on our behalf.
We use the following categories of first- and third-party Cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These Cookies are required to provide you with the Services, as well as for system administration, security, fraud prevention, and enabling customer purchases.
- Performance and Analytical Cookies. These Cookies collect data from which we can track the performance of our Services and the effectiveness of our marketing. We, our service providers, and our third-party partners use these Cookies to perform analytics so we can, among other things, improve our content and user experiences.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies enable us to provide certain features to you, such as determining whether you are a first-time visitor, remembering choices you have previously selected while using the Services, and assisting you with logging in after you have made any account in connection with the Services.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies. These Cookies collect data about your browsing habits, use of the Services, preferences, and interactions with advertisements for the purposes of delivering interest-based advertising content on the Services and on third-party websites or applications.
|Category||Service Provider/Third-Party Partner||Further Information|
|Strictly Necessary Cookies; Performance and Analytical Cookies; Functionality Cookies; Targeting and Advertising Cookies||How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services|
|Performance and Analytical Cookies; Targeting and Advertising Cookies||Amazon||Amazon.com Privacy Notice|
|Performance and Analytical Cookies; Targeting and Advertising Cookies||LiveIntent||LiveIntent Services Privacy Policies|
|Performance and Analytical Cookies; Functionality Cookies||Mailchimp||Intuit Global Privacy Statement|
Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject Cookies. If you delete your Cookies or set your browser to decline Cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. Many of the service providers and third-party partners listed above offer you the opportunity to opt-out of their tracking systems, and you can read more about the information they collect and how to opt-out of such tracking through the links listed in the table above under “Further Information”.
You can learn more about advertisement serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information generally by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile application tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser identification on your Apple or Android device. Please note that opting-out of advertising network services and tracking does not mean that you will not receive advertising at all while using our Services or on other websites or applications, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your Cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Hachette Book Group, Inc.
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10104
© 2023 Hachette Book Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.