By Kelsey Perrett
By Miles Howard
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $24.99 $30.99 CAD
- ebook $16.99 $21.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around March 31, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Discover local adventures in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut with Moon New England Hiking. Inside you’ll find:
- 150 Outdoor Getaways including easy day hikes and multi-day backpacking trips
- Diverse Hiking Options from breathtaking seaside walks in Coastal Maine to challenging backcountry treks in the Berkshires
- Find Your Hike: Choose from strategic lists like the best spots for a swim, high-elevation vistas, New England oddities, and hikes with nearby breweries, plus a breakdown of the best hikes for each season
- The Top Outdoor Experiences: Cool off under a cascading waterfall, pick wild blueberries from a meadow, and take in views of endless autumnal foliage. Take a dip in the ocean after scaling the cliffs in Acadia or meander through shorebird habitats in Rhode Island. Visit a replica of Thoreau’s cabin at historic Walden Pond, enjoy a peaceful afternoon on a secluded trail, and marvel at the Boston skyline from afar
- Nearby Fun: Relax after your hike at a local brewery, find a nearby campground, or stop for lunch at a mom n’ pop eatery
- Essential Planning Details: Each hike is described in detail and marked with round-trip distance and hiking time, difficulty, terrain type, elevation gain, and access points
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps, driving directions to each trailhead, and details on where to park
- Full-color photos throughout
- Expert Advice: Seasoned hikers Miles Howard and Kelsey Perrett reveal their experienced insights, local secrets, and honest opinions of each trail
- Tips and Tools: Advice on gear, first aid, protecting the environment, and getting park passes, plus background information on climate, landscape, and wildlife
Whether you’re a veteran or a first-time hiker, Moon’s comprehensive coverage and local expertise will have you gearing up for your next adventure.
Exploring the region by car? Check out Moon New England Road Trip.
- On Sale
- Mar 31, 2020
- Page Count
- 550 pages
- Moon Travel