Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Find, Gather, and Cook 50 Wild Plants
By Lisa M. Rose
Photographs by Miriam Doan
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $20.00 $26.00 CAD
- ebook $11.99 $15.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 11, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Take a stroll to discover the ingredients for a wild apple tarte tatin. Turn the lilac bush found in a vacant lot into a delicious, delicately flavored jelly for your morning pastry. Discover a new way to feast on fresh food. Urban Foraging is a stylish, scrumptious guide to wildcrafting in the city. You’ll learn how to find, identify, harvest, and cook with 50 common wild plants, such as chickweed, dandelion, echinacea, honeysuckle, red clover, and pine. Expert forager Lisa M. Rose shares all the basics necessary for a successful harvest: clear photos that aid identification, tips for ethical and safe gathering, details on culinary uses, and simple recipes will help you make truly fresh, nutritious meals.
- “Readers will wish they could take a walk with the deeply knowledgeable Rose and learn from her in the field." —Library Journal
- “The perfect gift for hands-on foodies who prefer gathering to grocery shopping.”—First for Women
- “The book provides a jumping off point for readers—a way to learn and enjoy the flavors of wild plants.”—Civil Eats
- “Herbalist and expert forager Lisa M. Rose offers guidance on safely identifying, gathering and preparing edible flora that grow wild in most major US cities.”—CNN
- On Sale
- Oct 11, 2022
- Page Count
- 236 pages
- Timber Press