Use CHEER for 20% off at checkout! Free shipping on $35+ Last day for holiday shipping is 12/13.
* “Readers will soar along with Jolene into the prospect of better days.”—Booklist, starred review
* “Instantly compelling.”—School Library Journal, starred review
* “[A] tense, poignant story about the essential nature of friendship and life’s unexpected possibilities.” —Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Experience has taught Jolene she can only count on herself, and she doesn't think she counts for much. But when she witnesses her friend's accident in the desert via live stream, she finds the strength to rescue them both. Across The Desert combines compelling adventure, honesty, danger, and love."—Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, two-time Newbery Honoree and #1 New York Times bestselling author of The War That Saved My Life and Fighting Words.
Praise for The Canyon's Edge:
* "Stunning.... an edge-of-your-seat read."—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "This emotionally resonant survival tale is a must-have."—School Library Journal, starred review
* "Powerful...a triumphant story of healing and bravery."—Booklist, starred review
"Beautifully written. [Dusti] Bowling is a master storyteller."—Midwest Book Review
"A powerful, heart-thumping story about survival and the inner strength it takes to reclaim life after trauma. Nora shows us that it's possible to emerge stronger than we've ever been before."—Ann Braden, award-winning author of The Benefits of Being an Octopus
"You won't be able to stop turning pages of this gripping, unforgettable novel with emotional depth and resonance as you cheer for Nora to conquer her inner and outer beasts."—Donna Gephart, award-winning author of Lily and Dunkin, The Paris Project, and Abby, Tried and True
"A haunting, heart-pounding story of survival, brilliantly told in verse. The Canyon's Edge will inspire, uplift and resonate. I loved it!"—Barbara Dee, author of Maybe He Just Likes You and My Life in the Fish Tank
"A gutsy, page-turning tale of courage, survival, and healing, told in dynamic verse. The Canyon's Edge is powerful, unflinching, and full of heart."—Chris Baron, author of All of Me