Make a fun face in your instant oatmeal!
Rise and shine silly bear. Breakfast is ready! Busy Little Hands: Food Play!, from Amy Palanjian the creator of Yummytoddlerfood.com, is packed with activities (like this!) for preschoolers that foster fun in the kitchen and promote healthy eating habits. Read on for easy step-by-step instructions to make your very own Baby Bear Porridge.
- Instant oats
- Hemp seeds
- Maple syrup
- Blueberries or Raisins
Grown-up prep steps:
- Place 1 ⁄4 cup instant oats, 1 teaspoon hemp seeds, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, and 1 ⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl
- Stir in 1 ⁄2 cup of very hot water
- Cover with a plate, then let sit for about 3 minutes
- Slice a banana into 1 ⁄2-inch slices with the peel on and get out some blueberries or raisins
- Let the kids top the oatmeal with milk, if desired, and a fruity bear face
- Start with a bowl of warm oatmeal
- Peel the banana slices
- Use fruit to make a silly bear face
- Enjoy your Baby Bear Porridge!
EXCERPTED AND ADAPTED FROM BUSY LITTLE HANDS: FOOD PLAY!© 2020 AMY PALANJIAN