Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
You Should Sit Down for This
A Memoir about Life, Wine, and Cookies
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $27.00 $34.00 CAD
- ebook $13.99 $17.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 4, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
A lighthearted and supremely entertaining memoir, You Should Sit Down for This is like spending the afternoon sharing tea, fresh baked cookies, and conversation with Tamera Mowry-Housley, the fun-loving, wisdom-sharing girlfriend we all need in our lives (always ready to top off your wine!). Most of us know Tamera Mowry-Housley as a beloved TV star—one half of the memorable duo on the hit show Sister, Sister and co-host of the FOX talk show The Real. Tamera’s spunky Sister, Sister character stole the hearts of millions, but the transition in the public eye from teen-girl star to grown woman with a family and thriving career wasn’t easy. Being raised in Hawaii as an army brat instilled in her the discipline needed to succeed and conquer her dreams, but she felt secluded and sheltered, and wondered if living on her own terms would ever be her reality. Then, she decided it would. Tamera stopped letting other people define her, tapped into her faith, and tossed away negativity to hone her own happiness and create a unique path forward for herself. In this pink book of quirky advice and funny stories, she encourages everyone to do the same. In a book that celebrates cookies and the juicy parts of life, Tamera will leave you feeling liberated and motivated to embrace the highs and lows of growing up.
Tamera shares heartfelt stories about exiling herself from the world of beauty pageants, the pressures of being a teenage star, her struggle with rejection, the craziness of dating later in life, the challenges of balancing family and career, and why it’s okay for women to hide out in their closets when they just need a few minutes of peace. Tamera doesn’t shy away from the tough experiences, hilarious missteps, and big lessons it took to build a thriving career and the full life she’s living today. Our favorite girl next door offers “Tameraisms”—bite-sized pieces of wisdom to empower other women to step up to life’s unexpected turns and surprises and make it all work. You Should Sit Down for This is a much-needed reminder of the magic that can happen when we open our minds and hearts to become the very best versions of ourselves.
- “For Mowry's fans old and new, this is a treat.”—Booklist
- “An upbeat memoir peppered with nuggets of advice… Mowry-Housley opines on sex, race (she is biracial), and family. She shares a moving homage to a beloved 18-year-old niece killed in a mass shooting, and she reflects on being a working mother and reveals the dark side of her time working on The Real. . . . Self-care, she underscores, is crucial for happiness. Heartfelt hints for living a good life.”—Kirkus
- "Tamera’s book is funny, smart, and incredibly inspiring! As a fellow childhood star, I have always admired Tamera. I was excited to learn so much more about her and family, and every page made me smile." —Mario Lopez
- On Sale
- Oct 4, 2022
- Page Count
- 192 pages
- Legacy Lit