Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Rafa Counts on Papá
By Joe Cepeda
Formats and Prices
Format:Hardcover $17.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 3, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Rafa and his papá love to count and measure together. They know how many branches they climb to their favorite spot, they know how high their dog Euclid can jump, and they know how far they can run. But there’s one thing Rafa can't count or measure because it is infinite: the love that he and his papá share.
Pura Belpré Honor illustrator and author Joe Cepeda celebrates curiosity and shows the tender and playful relationship between father and son on every inch of the page. With a subtle nod to introducing concepts, from real objects to the abstract, readers feel the immeasurable love of this Latinx family as Papá delights in spending time with Rafa.
- "With a dearth of stories showing the camaraderie between father and son, this book deserves a place on the shelves."—School Library Journal
- "This colorful picture book is a love letter to math as well as to the immeasurable beauty of love. Readers will have a blast identifying the many items on each page, from an abacus to a drawer full of pocket watches and a bucket full of baseballs."—Booklist
- "The pleasure that this father-son duo take in being together is palpable…. A charming book to remind kids that they are loved."—Kirkus Reviews
- “Cepeda offers a STEM-inspired spin on the connection between a Latinx-cued father and son in this appealing, measurement-oriented picture book.”—Publishers Weekly
- On Sale
- May 3, 2022
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers