Store Policies and Customer Service
Hachette Book Group’s customer service department handles all orders and processing for hachettebookgroup.com.
- COVID-19 Response and Shipping Delays
- Shipping & Delivery
- Returns & Cancellations
- Bulk Orders
- FAQ For Calendars
- Customer Support Form
COVID-19 RESPONSE AND SHIPPING DELAYS
The COVID-19 pandemic is still impacting the lives of our customers, neighbors, employees, suppliers and communities. As a result, you may experience shipping delays for your order. We’re honored to have you as a customer. Together we will make it through these challenging times.
Shipping delays also occur from time to time due to situations outside our control such as the impact of weather-related delays.
Placing an Order
Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST). If you have any questions or need help with your order, please email: email@example.com.
We are here to serve you! Expect some delays due to heavy volume during peak periods, especially after from November 15 through the end of the year. You may reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some standard shipping carriers are experiencing delays due to the effects of COVID-19 and the supply chain crisis. These delays may impact package tracking information and extend delivery times. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Shipping & Delivery
Level I—Standard Shipping under $45.00
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Shipping Time: 7–10 business days
Level II—Express Shipping
- Shipping Cost: Costs vary based on weight and address location.
- Shipping Time: 2 business days if ordered before 12 p.m. (EST), Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
Where We Ship
Online ordering is available to physical addresses within the continental United States. At this time we are not shipping to Puerto Rico, Alaska, and Hawaii.
We can fulfill orders shipping to a USPS PO Box address and APO (Army/Air Post Office), FPO (Fleet Post Office), and DPO (Diplomatic Post Office) addresses. However, this service is available only via UPS Mail Innovations. Please expect shipping to take up to four weeks, especially during the holidays.
For Level II shipping to FPO (Fleet Post Office), please email email@example.com to receive a freight estimate and place your order. Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), Monday through Friday.
We are presently unable to ship orders outside the United States. For international ordering information, please visit our FAQ
How We Ship
Our products ship via UPS Ground and UPS 2nd Day Air (Level II). For US post office box address and APO (Army/Air Post Office), FPO (Fleet Post Office), DPO (Diplomatic Post Office), shipping is available only via UPS Mail Innovations, please expect shipping to take up to three weeks, especially during the holidays.
Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), with the exception of major holidays when we will be closed so our employees can enjoy the holidays with their families.
We offer free standard shipping (Level I) for all orders more than $45 that ship to an address within the United States. Customers have the option to upgrade to UPS 2nd Day Air (Level II) for an additional cost. For orders less than $45, please review your shopping cart for the shipping charges and options pertaining to your order.
Free Promotional Shipping
From time to time, we may offer free shipping. This applies for standard shipping (Level I) only. Free shipping over a minimum order total will be applied to the final order after any discount amount from promo code use is calculated
Tracking Your Order
We will send you a shipping confirmation email when your order ships. Orders sent via standard shipping and UPS 2nd Day Air have full tracking information, which will be included in the confirmation email.
We process all orders on the same day if ordered before 10am (EST), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Most orders will ship within 2 business days and will be received within 7–10 business days after successful payment processing.
If UPS 2nd Day Air is selected, most orders arrive within 3 business days.
In addition to weekends, our warehouse will be closed on the following dates in 2023: May 29, July 3-4, September 4, November 22 at 1:00pm ET, November 23-24, December 25-January 1, 2024. We will be taking orders, but we will not be shipping our products on those dates.
Shipping in Multiple Packages
If your order includes several items, they may ship separately and at different times at no extra charge to you. In order to deliver your purchases to you as quickly and efficiently as possible, we group together items that ship from the same warehouse location. This could result in part of your order arriving at a different time, but still within the expected delivery window.
When pre-ordering a product that is not yet available, please review the product page for the estimated date of delivery, where available. Note that delivery dates may be subject to change.
Out of Stock
We do our best to keep the website stock as up to date as possible. On occasion, an item may go out of stock between the time your order is placed and the order reaching the warehouse. In this case, your order will be immediately canceled, and your credit card will be credited for the amount you were charged.
Returns & Cancellations
Merchandise ordered directly from hachettebookgroup.com will be accepted for return within 30 days of receipt. The merchandise must be in new and unused condition and in its original packaging. Returns should be sent to the following address using a trackable method of shipping:
Ingram Returns Center
7311 Innovation Boulevard
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46818
Please include your name and the original order number to ensure that credit is issued promptly and correctly. Once your return has been processed, a refund for the purchase price, excluding any shipping and handling charges, will be issued on the credit card used for the original purchase.
Damaged or Defective Items
If you receive a damaged or defective product, please contact Customer Service. Damaged merchandise includes items that have been damaged in shipping. If a shipment arrives at your door with apparent shipping damage, please refuse the delivery.
Customer Service can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure to provide your order number in the email.
Canceling an Order
Once you place an order it cannot be canceled. If you do not wish to keep the item(s) ordered, please follow the instructions above under Return Policy.
Credit Card Processing
Hachette Book Group does not store credit card information. However, by referring to the original order number, the third party credit card company will be able to retrieve the original credit card information and a refund will be processed. You do not have to provide the information a second time.
Credit cards will be charged for the entire order total at the time the order is placed. If you order a product that is out of stock, we will automatically refund your order.
Sales Tax Collection
Sales tax will be applied where applicable.
You can receive a discount on bulk orders. Please visit our Special Markets page
Discount applies to HBG products only. Some exclusions may apply. Qualifying amount applies to merchandise only, not value of packaging, applicable taxes, or shipping & handling charges. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. The offer is non-transferable and not valid for cash or cash equivalent. No adjustments on previous purchases. To redeem, enter the code at checkout. Discount valid in US only. Hachette Book Group ships to US only.
Price and/or Description Changes
All prices, pictures, and descriptions on this site are subject to change. We maintain no responsibility for inadvertent errors. Please contact us within 30 days regarding price or promotion discrepancies. When you place your order with us, you agree to the price and terms indicated on our website. Price differences related to future or past prices in our store or any other store’s prices are nonrefundable. We reserve the right to refuse any sale at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions for Calendar Products
Page-A-Day Print Calendars FAQ
Website & Customer Support
Page-A-Day® Photo Contests
Answers – Frequently Asked Questions
Page-A-Day Print Calendars FAQ
Where did the Page-A-Day calendar originate?
- Workman, in fact, invented the Page-A-Day® Calendar, which is why you see this “®” symbol on our product and throughout our communication. The first Page-A-Day calendars were announced in the spring of 1979—365 Words-A-Year, 365 Jokes, Puns, and Riddles, and 365 Women-A-Year. Please refer to our “About” page on pageaday.com to read the official story of Page-A-Day.
What are the sizes of Page-A-Day print calendars?
- Page-A-Day Format: 5 3/8″ height x 5 3/8 width x 1 3/16-1 7/16″ depth
- Mini Wall Calendar Format (closed): 7″ height x 7″ width
- Engagement/Diary Format (closed): 6 ¼″ height x 9 1/4″ width
- Gallery Format: 7 1/8″ height x 6 ¼″ width x 1 ⅜″ depth
- Wall Calendar Format (closed): 12″ height x 12″ width
- Picture-a-Day Wall Calendar Format (closed): 14″ height x 12″ width
- Magnetic Calendar Format: 9 ½” x 8 ½”
- Kitchen Companion Format: 11 ½” x 8 ½”
How do I buy a Page-A-Day® Calendar if my local store has run out?
- Our calendars are available almost everywhere books are sold. Click on store at the top of this page, and to browse our complete calendar offerings for the year and to purchase them through the pageaday.com website. International customers can contact email@example.com for help assisting them with purchasing outside of the United States.
Can I buy Workman Calendars in bulk?
- Workman calendars are available at special discounts when purchase in bulk for premiums and sales promotions as well as for fundraising or educational use. For further details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website & Customer Support
I have a problem with a print calendar published by Page-A-Day, like a printing error or a problem with the stand. What can I do?
- Please email email@example.com and we will make it right for you by replacing your calendar.
Do you offer technical support?
- This FAQs section should answer almost every question. Please read through this page carefully and you will likely find the information you need. For more technical support, please use our customer support form to contact us. If you can’t fill out the form, you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
- If you are using Norton Internet Security (or any sort of fire wall) you’ll need to configure it to “allow browser identification.” If this does not work, try turning your firewall off completely. You should then be able to reactivate your daily calendar emails after registering with no adverse effects.
Page-A-Day® Photo Contests
What are the rules for the Page-A-Day Photo Contests?
- You can find the full contest rules here: CONTEST RULES.
How do I know that the photo of my pet is high quality/ large enough?
- If you are using a modern digital camera, and you upload the photo at the highest resolution, chances are the photo will be high quality. If you don’t understand photo optimization, do not attempt to resize the image—most likely this will result in a lower-quality image. All images must be uploaded at the highest quality available in a JPG, Tiff, or PNG format. This file has to be at least 300 dpi for the format of the calendar (width: 5.25 inches or height: 5.25 inches). Remember that we can reduce a photo in size successfully, but not enlarge it.
I entered my pet in your Photo Contest! Did he or she win? When will I find out?
- Our judges get so many entries that sometimes it takes several weeks or longer to get through them. If your pet is chosen to be in our print calendar, we’ll notify you by October of the year before the calendar date. So, if your pet is chosen for the 2025 calendar, you’ll be notified by October 2024.
- If you have not received notification of your pet’s acceptance in our website or print calendar, your photo may be considered for a future calendar. Our judges must first decide which photos meet their standards for print quality, and then which fit their editorial plan, so your pet still has a great chance of being chosen in the future.
- You are welcome to submit multiple photos of the same pet!
- For more details about our judges’ criteria, please read the full contest rules.