Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
A Practical Guide to Surviving, Healing, and Thriving
Formats and Prices
- ebook $15.99 $20.99 CAD
- Hardcover $30.00 $38.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 9, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
From COVID-19 and autoimmune disease to chronic pain and inflammation, this new integrative approach and practical guide from two UCSF doctors is an essential guide to living with long illnesses.
Having a long illness—from autoimmune disease to dysautonomia, long COVID to myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) to chronic pain or depression—can mean a long struggle to get adequate care. From explaining symptoms over and over again to doctors and family members to making sure you are receiving the correct diagnosis and treatment, having a long illness can be a fulltime job. And it’s a hard one.
Drs. Meghan Jobson and Juliet Morgan specialize in treating long illness; from their work on the frontlines with long COVID, they know that all long illnesses share many of the same hallmarks. Using evidence-based integrative medicine, they have put together a program that legitimizes long illness and validates concerns where other physicians often dismiss them. In Long Illness, you’ll find an unparalleled, holistic approach to healing, with valuable information on:
- The foundations of long illness and what it means for your life
- How to work with your medical team to get the care you need
- Common symptoms, such as pain, fatigue, headaches, difficulty breathing, digestive disruption, insomnia, and more
- A wide range of accessible healing techniques, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), traditional Eastern medicine, mindfulness practices, and emerging therapies
- Your mental health with long illness and how to manage it
- Long term solutions
Recovery is a process, not always a destination. This book will help you build your recovery tool kit, reclaim your identity, manage your symptoms, and become empowered to get the care team you deserve.
- On Sale
- May 9, 2023
- Page Count
- 288 pages
- Hachette Go