Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Handmade Marketplace, 2nd Edition
How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and Online
By Kari Chapin
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback (Revised) $16.95 $22.95 CAD
- ebook (Revised) $11.99 $15.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 20, 2014. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Make money doing what you love. Kari Chapin’s insightful and inspiring guide to turning your crafting skills into earned income has been completely revised and updated. The Handmade Marketplace is filled with proven techniques that can help you brand your business, establish a client base, sell your products, and effectively employ all aspects of social media. Learn how easy it is to enjoy a lucrative career while leading the creative life you’ve always craved.
- “The Handmade Marketplace is the first small business book I have seen that is written to, for and by the Indie Crafter. It is perfect for any crafter thinking of taking that next step and selling their wares. The Handmade Marketplace is also a real page turner and enlightening read for someone who has been in the crafty biz for years.”—Betz White, designer and author of Sewing Green
- “D.I.Y? Why not?! The Handmade Marketplace gives you all the answers to the D-I-Whys, Whats and Hows of being a crafty-preneur in one handy, great and very informative guide!”—Amy Butler, Amy Butler Design
- Kari has thoughtfully created the very best guide book for navigating the craft marketplace. Her personal voice, guided by personal experience is evident throughout the book. You'll feel encouraged, inspired and informed..... totally confident to jump start your own craft business!—Jenny Hart, founder of Sublime Stitching and author Embroidered Effects
- It's remarkable to read so much of the information I spent years divining from trial and error between two covers! The Handmade Marketplace isn't just a guide for navigating a very unique and burgeoning market, it's a fascinating record of how so many people in the DIY movement have collectively contributed ideas about running independent businesses with cornerstones of honesty, ethics and above all: personal creativity.—Faythe Levin, Director and author of Handmade Nation
- The Handmade Market Place is a fantastic resource full of useful tips and guidelines from top D.I.Y. insiders. Their testimonials along with Kari Chapin's easy to follow outline and the fabulous design work of Emily Martin (aka the black apple) makes this book a must have for any makers library.—BookPage
"For folks who create unique things with a view to getting paid, this book should prove quite useful...for makers at any stage, from just-thinking-about-it to ready-to-quit-my-day-job."
- On Sale
- May 20, 2014
- Page Count
- 256 pages