Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Empire of Exiles
By Erin M Evans
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- ebook $6.99 $8.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 8, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
From a new star in epic fantasy comes an irresistibly compelling novel where an unlikely team must band together to unearth a conspiracy that might devastate their empire in this captivating blend of page-turning locked room mystery and lyrical fantasy that readers will find “ensnaring.” (Cat Rambo).
"Detailed and mysterious, a place to explore and relish. Empire of Exiles is highly recommended!” – R.A. Salvatore
“In these pages, you are in the hands of a master.” – Ed Greenwood
“Characters I love, plot twists that keep coming, and a unique and fascinating world!" – Melissa Caruso
“Beautifully wrought and equally ensnaring.” – Cat Rambo
Twenty-three years ago, a Duke with a grudge led a ruthless coup against the empire of Semilla, killing thousands. He failed. The Duke was executed, a terrifyingly powerful sorcerer was imprisoned, and an unwilling princess disappeared.
The empire moved on.
Now, when Quill, an apprentice scribe, arrives in the capital city, he believes he's on a simple errand for another pompous noble: fetch ancient artifacts from the magical Imperial Archives. He's always found his apprenticeship to a lawman to be dull work. But these aren't just any artifacts — these are the instruments of revolution, the banners under which the Duke lead his coup.
Just as the artifacts are unearthed, the city is shaken by a brutal murder that seems to have been caused by a weapon not seen since the days of rebellion. With Quill being the main witness to the murder, and no one in power believing his story, he must join the Archivists — a young mage, a seasoned archivist, and a disillusioned detective — to solve the truth of the attack. And what they uncover will be the key to saving the empire – or destroying it again.
- "Erin Evans can make the reader care deeply about her characters, offering details and anecdotes, quirks and simple gestures to make those characters so very real. But what makes this book special, even by Erin's lofty goalposts, is the world she weaves around these characters. Detailed and mysterious, a place to explore and relish. Highly recommended!" —R. A. Salvatore, author of "The Legends of Drizzt" and DemonsWars novels
- “Empire of Exiles has it all: characters I love, intertwined compelling mysteries in the past and present, plot twists that keep coming, and a unique and fascinating world and magic system!" —Melissa Caruso, author of The Obsidian Tower
- “The beginning of a truly epic tale. Deft worldbuilding and wonderful verbal fencing that is a delight to read. In these pages, you are in the hands of a master.”—Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms and internationally bestselling author
- "Readers will be drawn in by the memorable cast, vibrantly drawn fantasy cultures, and vivid prose. Epic fantasy fans will be eager to see where the series goes."—Publishers Weekly
- “Beautifully wrought and equally ensnaring, this book lived up to and then surpassed all my expectations.”—Cat Rambo, author of You Sexy Thing
- “Splendid world building, compelling mysteries and characters, and a fascinating magic system. Erin Evans delivers the goods.”—Howard Jones, author of For the Killing of Kings
- "Rich worldbuilding, addictive and consuming magic, and an intricately plotted conspiracy full of momentous twists. Nothing is as it seems, exposing lost loves and flawed loyalties among the large cast of admirable, multifaceted characters ... An excellent new fantasy series by Evans, perfect for fans of Katherine Addison or those who enjoy slow-burning and complex court intrigue."—Library Journal
- "From the rich world building . . . to the interesting culture, a unique magic system, and a variety of humanoids, readers will be delighted that nothing is predictable in this intriguing story."—Booklist
- “The perfectly ominous atmosphere is established by rich worldbuilding, addictive and consuming magic, and an intricately plotted conspiracy full of momentous twists. . . . An excellent new fantasy series.” —Library Journal
- “With unrivaled worldbuilding, a compelling mystery to unravel and a found family that stole my heart a dozen times over, Empire of Exiles is one of those stories you can truly sink your teeth into. There are so many layers to the world and characters Evans has created. It’s a deeply satisfying read, and I know it will stay with me for a long time to come. I can’t wait for the next book!”—H. M. Long, author of Hall of Smoke
- On Sale
- Nov 8, 2022
- Page Count
- 432 pages