Visit our store for discounts & free shipping over $35 SHOP NOW>>
Moon Camino de Santiago
Sacred Sites, Historic Villages, Local Food & Wine
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 24, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
- Strategic trekking advice for walking the Camino, including where to start to get the Compostela certificate and excursions to gateway cities like Santiago, Léon, and Pamplona
- Unique ideas for enriching your experience: Admire folkloric art and Romanesque churches, stroll through the stone archways and winding alleys of medieval cities, and soak up mountain views as you cross over the Pyrenees and descend into green valleys. See the archaeological site where Europe's oldest humans were uncovered and breathe in the salty ocean air as you finish your journey at the shores of the Atlantic
- Savor the local flavors: Enjoy authentic jamón serrano, tapas, and Galician wine, or grab cheese and freshly baked bread for a picnic lunch
- The best detours, festivals, and villages along the way: Linger in Estella, witness the running of the bulls in Pamplona, visit the monastery in Nájera, or sip wine in Cacabelos
- Essential planning information on when to go, how to get there, where to eat, and where to stay, from pilgrim dorms to private hotels, plus tips on hazards, precautions, and gear
- Expert advice from Beebe Bahrami, who has walked the Camino more than 20 times, including valuable history and context of the pilgrimage and the sacred sites, landscape, culture, and local etiquette
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout, plus a handy fold-out map of the entire route
- Helpful resources on Covid and walking the Camino
- Handy tools and background information including Spanish and French phrasebooks, visa information, volunteer opportunities, and tips for seniors, women traveling alone, religious and secular travelers, and LGBTQ travelers
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Praise for the First Edition
"This book was invaluable on my recent trek on the Camino. I am breaking up my hike into portions due to work constraints and have found this to be worth its weight in gold (in my pack). Not only is it factual but the author is conscientious with recommendations, taking into account the potential variables of the moment. Her suggestions have been spot on and definitely worth the side trips. After all, from my perspective, this is not a race, but a journey. Thanks for the great book!" —Kbar/Goodreads
“Through her writings, Bahrami managed to charm us with her fantastic storytelling skills. In reading her guide book for Moon, we felt like we already completed the Camino de Santiago and went on an epic adventure of massive proportions from our own living room. Despite this, as any good writer, Bahrami delivered the message with great skill and kept us captivated enough so we await our trip with much anticipation and excitement.” —Cory Varga, youcouldtravel.com
“I have spent several hours going through the book and am amazed at the attention to detail and the amount of work that has gone into it. As an author, I shudder to think of how much fact checking had to happen. And the detailed on-the-ground research is mind-boggling – but in the end that’s what made it the incredibly useful book that it is.” —Leigh McAdam, hikebiketravel.com