Meal prep is the best thing to happen to healthy eating -- and Damn Delicious Meal Prep makes it tastier than ever!
It's 6:00 pm, and you have nothing planned for dinner. Again. If you're like many folks, including blogger and author Chungah Rhee, this happens more often than you care to admit! Wanting to regain control of her health and eating habits, Chungah turned to meal prep: the secret weapon that keeps everyone from celebrities and athletes to busy parents and young professionals on-track and eating well.
Chungah quickly found that meal prep is an amazing way to save time and money and to keep you and your family eating healthy all week long. By taking the time to plan your meals, prep ingredients, and do some cooking ahead of time, it's easy to have perfectly portioned healthy options at your fingertips for any time of the day.
Inside are Chungah's go-to recipes-including some favorites from the blog. You'll find inspiration for delectable protein-packed breakfasts, energy-boosting snacks, and slimmed-down comfort food favorites-none of which sacrifice flavor. Who wouldn't be enticed by a 205-calorie Breakfast Croissant Sandwich or an under-500-calorie Mason Jar Lasagna? She also arms readers with dozens of tools for making habit changes actually stick. This indispensable cookbook is sure to help you live a healthier (and more delicious) life.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes | COOK TIME: 30 minutes | TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes | YIELD: 4 servings
Lo and behold—my favorite snack box yet! Well, maybe it’s a close second after the Mini Pumpkin Protein Donuts (on page 176). No, but really, snacking has never been so stinking good until now.
The strawberry mango salsa here is perfectly sweet and savory to satisfy any mid-afternoon craving. And the longer it sits, the better it tastes!
Now you can always decrease or increase the amount of jalapeño depending on how much heat you prefer. And please remember to wash your hands immediately after handling a jalapeño pepper. There’s nothing worse than hot pepper hands!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup farro
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, shredded
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup Crispy Garbanzo Beans
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and peeled*
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Add 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the paprika, season with salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine. Arrange in a single layer and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until easily pierced with a fork.
- Cook the farro according to package instructions; set aside.
- Combine the kale, lemon juice, and the remaining 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl. Massage the kale until well combined and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide farro into meal prep containers. Top with sweet potatoes, cabbage, tomatoes, and crispy garbanzos. Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Serve with the avocado.
* Cut avocado will turn brown when exposed to air, so either prep the avocado just before serving, or brush olive oil or lime or lemon juice over it before placing in the meal prep container.
NUTRITION FACTS: CALORIES: 479.0 / TOTAL FAT: 21.0 / TRANS FAT: 0.0 / SATURATED FAT: 3.0 / CHOLESTEROL: 0.0 /
SODIUM: 241.0 / CARBOHYDRATES: 72.0 / FIBER: 17.0 / SUGAR: 9.0 / PROTEIN: 13.0