Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Maximize Your Metabolism
Lifelong Solutions to Lose Weight, Restore Energy, and Prevent Disease
By Sunita Singh Maclaren
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $18.99 $23.99 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $18.99 CAD
- Hardcover $28.00 $35.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 11, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Like our fingerprints, each of us has a unique metabolism. Your metabolism will change as you move through life, shaping your mental and physical capabilities. However, one in four of us will experience trouble with our metabolism. Dr. Noel Maclaren, an award-winning endocrinologist and Sunita Singh Maclaren, a medical anthropology expert, share their revolutionary new approach to mastering your metabolism that combines medical and behavioral insights in order to help balance your weight, boost your energy and improve your cognitive abilities.
Imagine the metabolism as a beguiling jigsaw. We all fit into one of four ‘metabolic personality’ types, based on our bodies' levels of sensitivity to insulin. Maximize Your Metabolism offers a comprehensive self-assessment quiz to uncover yours. Drawing on pioneering data from a person’s genetic legacies, appetite signals and mental resilience, this book will enable you to create a unique plan specific to your needs, and will help you achieve robust brain and body health, including:
• Enhancing your cognitive abilities by limiting grains and fruits as the brain’s ability to absorb glucose declines from your late 40’s onwards
• Optimizing your weight by identifying the simple vs. complex carbohydrates that work for your metabolic type
• Overcoming insulin-related persistent fatigue and increasing your muscle’s energy efficiency through resistance and aerobic exercise
• Protecting yourself from disease-causing internal inflammation by opting for prebiotics found in artichokes, leeks and onions and avoiding certain “health” foods
Dr. Noel Maclaren and Sunita Singh Maclaren have helped thousands of patients in their clinic for over fifteen years, by reversing these metabolic imbalances. Filled with specific time-tested guidance and over 30 healthy and delicious recipes, Maximize Your Metabolism is perfect for anyone who wants to be a champion of their own health, gain an overall sense of wellbeing in as little as six months, and to sustain it for a lifetime.
- “Equipped with years of research and positive outcomes, Dr. Noel Maclaren and Sunita Singh Maclaren have created a practical playbook for changing lives. Their impassioned advocacy to elevate the role of nutrition as essential for both physical and brain health is a call to action. According to ancient philosophy, food is medicine. Maximize Your Metabolism is about to show the world how to practice it.”—Zara Ingilizian, Member of the Executive Committee, World Economic Forum
- On Sale
- Apr 11, 2023
- Page Count
- 336 pages
- Grand Central Publishing