With Michele Bender
With Deborah Chiel
Formats and Prices
Format:Trade Paperback $15.95 $21.95 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around January 13, 2011. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Say no to shampoo, unplug the dryer, and kiss frizz and bad hair days good-bye. Curly Girl is the surprising bible for those with naturally curly or wavy hair and a desire to celebrate it, from hair guru Lorraine Massey. It’s all here: Daily routines for corkscrew, Botticelli, fractal, and wavy curls. Homemade lotions and potions for locking in moisture. Expert tips on caring for African American hair. Fabulous dos for weddings and special occasions. How to trim your hair yourself, step-by-step. (Remember: It’s not what you take off; it’s what you leave on.) Recommendations for chemical-free products. And so much more: the care, the styling, the products, the remedies, the empowering, pro-curl attitude.
- Ten things to do before you dye
- You are what you eat—and so are your curls
- Getting kids to love their curls
- Curly guys
- Lorraine’s 12-step recovery program
- And check out Lorraine’s video tutorials on YouTube.
If spring is not just in the air, but in your hair, you might be a curly girl. Just take the following quiz, and find out if the Curly Girl: The Handbook holds the secrets to your future hair success.
1. Do you often wear your hair tied back in a ponytail?
2. Does your hair develop volume in humid, hot, or wet weather?
3. Does your hair make you feel out of control?
4. Do you find yourself crying after every haircut?
5. Look at old photographs and recall how you felt about your hair--and yourself--on the day the picture was taken. Was there a strong correlation between your hair and your mood?
6. Do you almost always have a haze of frizz around your head?
7. Do you blow-dry your hair so often that its texture is as dry and brittle as a piece of melba toast?
8. Does your budget for products to straighten or relax your hair exceed your annual tax-deductible contributions to charity?
9. Do you live in fear of humidity, sweating, spontaneous sex, a shower with your lover--or any weather or activity that might unmask you as a curly girl?
10. Are you almost always unhappy with your hair?
11. Do you worry about your hair before any big occasion, like a wedding or an important business meeting?
If you answered yes to one or more questions, congratulations! You know who you are. You're a curly girl waiting to happen. Your hair is bristling with movement longing to break free, waves aching to curl, frizz begging for direction.
- On Sale
- Jan 13, 2011
- Page Count
- 176 pages
- Workman Publishing Company