Formats and Prices
Here’s a promise that could not be more timely or needed: You can dial down your stress in just a few minutes, with no ponderous meditations, medications, or martinis required. Written by Dr. Jennifer L. Taitz, a clinical psychologist who specializes in teaching mindfulness-based behavioral skills to manage intense emotions and situations, Stress Resets provides 75 scientifically proven ways to improve how you respond to stress, both in the moment and the long run.
There are accessible yet powerful exercises like dipping your face in ice water to quiet your body and mind; adopting a half smile to change your mood from the outside in; singing your irrational negative thoughts to reduce their believability; building a hope kit so you can remind yourself of what’s possible in tough moments; and making a pie chart of your life to gain perspective. By incorporating these into your days, you can stop the cycle of obsessing, panicking, and avoiding and instead effectively approach what matters to you most. You’ll also find stress buffers designed to build your resilience so you can navigate whatever comes your way.
Through personal anecdotes, expert interviews, cutting-edge studies, and practical tips, you’ll learn how to manage your emotions instead of the other way around. Stress Resets will not only change how you view your stress but also give you the hope and confidence you need to reset and ultimately change how you feel.
- “Reading Stress Resets is like getting a warm hug and wise advice from someone you trust. In these research-backed exercises, Dr. Jenny Taitz shows us that true relief can be within everyone’s reach.” —Arianna Huffington, founder and CEO of Thrive Global
- “Dr. Jenny Taitz helps us see that we can reset and cope regardless of what shows up in our lives. Stress Resets offers practical and realistic strategies that will lead to a much-needed sense of freedom from the shackles of anxiety.” —Lori Gottlieb, New York Times bestselling author of Maybe You Should Talk to Someone and cohost of the Dear Therapists podcast
- “This is one of the most practical self-help books—full of warmth, wisdom, and accessible tools so you know what to do to improve this moment and build a life that feels bigger. Dr. Jenny Taitz is an expert in teaching people how to cope and you’ll be lucky to have her whispering in your ear as you read and revisit Stress Resets.” —Dr. Becky Kennedy, clinical psychologist and New York Times bestselling author of Good Inside
- “Reading Stress Resets feels like sitting with a friend and absorbing their heartfelt knowledge. Taitz shares relatable stories and research-based tools to improve our relationships with our thoughts and feelings. It’s a book to return to again and again!” —Sharon Salzberg, author of Lovingkindness, Real Life, and the New York Times bestseller Real Happiness
“An invaluable collection of powerful, science-based practices that nourish our capacity for resilience and joy. Let this wise book guide you in navigating the inevitable stresses of life!” —Tara Brach, Ph.D., author of Radical Acceptance and Trusting the Gold
- “Stress Resets is a beacon of hope in a world increasingly clouded by the fog of stress, anxiety, and distraction. For anyone seeking genuine resilience in the face of modern challenges, this book is essential reading.” —Steven C. Hayes, Ph.D., Foundation Professor of Psychology Emeritus at University of Nevada, Reno, and originator of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- “This book is a must-read lifeline for anyone seeking essential relief from life’s nonessential chaos.” —Greg McKeown, New York Times bestselling author of Essentialism and Effortless
- “We need skillful ways of handling our stress, and that is what Dr. Taitz provides. I recommend this book to anyone who experiences stress—and that’s all of us!” —James Gross, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology at Stanford University
- On Sale
- Dec 19, 2023
- Page Count
- 256 pages
- Workman Publishing Company