Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Well at Work
Creating Wellbeing in any Workspace
Foreword by Andrew Weil, MD
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $29.00 $37.00 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
Also available from:
Staying healthy at work has never been more top-of-mind than it is today. But staying healthy isn’t the same as staying well. Staying well at work isn’t just about the germs and toxins that impact how we feel physically or even make us sick; it’s also about the many aspects of the environment that affect our stress levels, mood, focus, and productivity.
Whether you work in a traditional office or a corner of your bedroom, healthy workplaces need not be a luxury. Well at Work reveals how to design these spaces for wellbeing across the seven domains of integrative health: stress and resilience, movement, sleep, relationships, nutrition, spirituality, nature and the air we breathe. You’ll learn:
- How the environment you work in all day can impact your sleep at night
- Optimal lighting and noise levels for reducing stress and staying alert
- How to adjust temperature and humidity to protect against infection
- Why open-plan offices can keep you more active
- The myriad benefits of access to nature (and how to bring nature indoors)
- Office layouts that foster social interaction, but not distraction.
- Foods to enhance cognitive performance
- And more
Above all, you’ll come away with a menu of simple steps anyone can take to be—and stay—well at work.
- “Dr. Esther Sternberg’s engaging new book proves that where we do our job matters just as much to our physical and mental wellbeing as how we do our job. She shows how the right work environment can actually make us less stressed, more energized, and more productive. Full of tips, stories, and cutting-edge science, Well at Work helps us thrive wherever we work.”—Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO, Thrive Global
- “The future of leadership in the corporate business world—and even the political world—will be determined by those who take responsibility for wellbeing in their communities. Workplace wellbeing, social wellbeing, physical wellbeing, community, and financial wellbeing are interdependent. This book, written by a true pioneer in the field, offers a perfect road map to creating a more just, sustainable, healthier, and joyful world.”—Deepak Chopra, author of Living in the Light
- “A groundbreaking guide to improving employee health and well-being, Well at Work reveals a revolutionary approach to creating energized and productive workplaces. With practical advice grounded in the latest scientific understanding of workplace health, this is the essential handbook for employers and employees alike, who see well-being as a cornerstone for business success.” —Rick Fedrizzi, Executive Chairman, International WELL Building Institute
- “The pioneering physician and scientist Dr. Esther Sternberg provides us with innovative and often overlooked ways in which the built environment can be optimized to improve integrative health and well being. A master class in one book which should be required reading for all.”—Dr. Richard Carmona, 17th Surgeon General of The United States
- “Esther Sternberg consistently is 10 years ahead on psychology, spirituality and the mind-body problem. To find out what everybody will be thinking in 10 years, read Well at Work today.”—Gregg Easterbrook, author of It’s Better Than It Looks
- On Sale
- Sep 5, 2023
- Page Count
- 320 pages
- Little Brown Spark