By Dave Eggers
Illustrated by Laura Park
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $18.99 $24.99 CAD
- ebook $10.99 $13.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 14, 2019. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Abner and Ian are stuck sideways on the pages of their debut picture book. They can’t start the story like this! Ian is trying to be brave, despite his dizziness and fear of heights. But don’t worry, because Abner has a plan: Readers will shake and turn the book until they get right side up! Sounds easy, right? Think again, because the real solution may be the opposite of what you’d expect.
With the odd couple wit of Elephant & Piggie, the interactive appeal of Press Here, and a timeless charm all their own, Abner & Ian offer readers of all ages eighty pages of fast-paced fun with a surprising and rewarding twist.
An Amazon Best Book of the Month for Ages 3-5, May 2019
- *"This comedic dilemma...will have children shouting at every shake of the book. Fans of Mo Willems' Elephant and Piggie or Melanie Watts' Scaredy Squirrel books will find the collaboration of Eggers and Park's work to be equally appealing. Shaking to cause a change makes it interactive in the same manner as Tullet's Press Here (Chronicle 2011) or Matheson's Tap the Magic Tree (Greenwillow Books 2016).—School Library Connection
—School Library Connection, starred review
- "A very funny read-aloud."—Kirkus Reviews
- "Funny and sympathetic."—Publishers Weekly
- "A mind changer for anyone who ever thought that reading was a sedate occupation.... Irresistible."—Booklist
- "[An] amusing, interactive story."—School Library Journal
- On Sale
- May 14, 2019
- Page Count
- 80 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers