Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
One of Us
Read by Maxwell Hamilton
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $4.99 $6.99 CAD
- Hardcover $26.00 $34.00 CAD
- Trade Paperback $15.99 $20.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around July 17, 2018. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
“This is not a kind book, or a gentle book, or a book that pulls its punches. But it’s a powerful book, and it will change you.” — Seaman McGuire
They’ve called him a monster from the day he was born.
Abandoned by his family, Enoch Bryant now lives in a rundown orphanage with other teenagers just like him. He loves his friends, even if the teachers are terrified of them. They’re members of the rising plague generation. Each bearing their own extreme genetic mutation.
The people in the nearby town hate Enoch, but he doesn’t know why. He’s never harmed anyone. Works hard and doesn’t make trouble. He believes one day he’ll be a respected man.
But hatred dies hard. The tension between Enoch’s world and those of the “normal” townspeople is ready to burst. And when a body is found, it may be the spark that ignites a horrifying revolution.
- "A powerful and heartbreaking tale about hate, fear, and truth. Author Craig DiLouie is fearless as he explores the dark territory of the human heart."—Jonathan Maberry, New York Times bestselling author
- "This is not a kind book, or a gentle book, or a book that pulls its punches. But it's a powerful book, and it will change you."—Seanan McGuire, author of Every Heart a Doorway
- "Disturbing, beautiful . . . . A powerhouse of a novel. DiLouie continues to be the master of writing the human heart and all the terrors it contains."—Peter Clines, author of Paradox Bound and The Fold
- "DiLouie has crafted something special, with sympathetic characters, tragedy, hope and humor all expertly woven together. One of Us is a stunning achievement in speculative fiction."—Shelf Awareness
- "One of Us is a horror mash-up of Wild Cards and kid-capers like The Goonies, but its portrayal of hatred feels all too real - and will stay with you long after the book is done."—The Washington Post
- "An amazing tour-de-force . . . One of Us rattled me to the core. An engrossing, emotionally-charged book and a work of terrible beauty. To Kill a Mockingbird-with monsters."—John Dixon, Bram Stoker Award-winning author
- "The Girl with all the Gifts meets To Kill a Mockingbird."—Claire North, author of 84K
- "A character-driven and sometimes heartbreaking story about what happens to those of us who are different, and who the monsters truly are. DiLouie keeps the reader turning pages."—Megan Hart, New York Times bestselling author of All the Lies We Tell
- "You shouldn't believe there aren't any truly original stories out there anymore, because One of Us is one of a kind." —Nicholas Sansbury Smith, author of The Extinction Cycle
- "Frightening in its familiarity, One of Us is a tale of human monsters and monstrous humans - authentic, brutal, and inevitable."—David Walton, internationally bestselling author of The Genius Plague
- "Craig DiLouie's One of Us is without a doubt one of the best books I'll read this year . . . . a compelling work of near perfection."—Bracken MacLeod, Bram Stoker Award-nominated author of Stranded
- "Rich with well-defined characters, sharp writing, and a riveting premise, this is a novel not to be missed."—Jason V. Brock, author of The Dark Sea Within
- "This seamless fable of loss, violence, and hope forces us to examine what it means to be different and what it means to be human."—Patrick Freivald, author of Jade Sky
- "One of Us is a masterfully written, thought-provoking dark fairy tale, and one of the best books I've read in a long time. It will stay with the reader long after they've finished the last page."—Dana Fredsti, author of the Ashley Parker series
"One of Us is nearly impossible to put down."
—Shawn Chesser, author of The Promise
- On Sale
- Jul 17, 2018
- Hachette Audio