Formats and Prices
Format:Trade Paperback $12.95 $17.95 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 1, 2003. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
The pleasure of whoa. The surprise of the “unscheduled dismount.” And why, when jumping, to throw your heart over first. Drawing on her lifelong passion for horses and riding, award-winning artist Bonnie Timmons offers up a book full of whimsy and wisdom and a huge helping of giddy up.
These are the truths as recorded by an astute observer:
- Of little girls who spend every minute after school mucking out the barn in hope of one trail ride
- Of the mechanics of riding: the walk, the trot, the canter, the gallop—a gait so fast your worries can’t keep up
- Of English vs. Cowboy-speak. Of Outfits and Accessories, and Good Horse-Keeping Tips, (including how to weigh your horse so you know how much to feed him: 1. Weigh yourself. 2. Weigh yourself holding your horse. 3. Subtract 1. from 2.)
- And finally, of knowing at the end of the day that when you hold your hoses, they will hold you right back
- On Sale
- May 1, 2003
- Page Count
- 144 pages
- Workman Publishing Company