Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Twelve Monotasks
Do One Thing at a Time to Do Everything Better
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $28.00 $35.00 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around December 7, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Reclaim your attention, productivity, and happiness with this “captivating, informative and beautifully written” book by learning how to keep your focus on one familiar task at a time (Nate Berkus).
Modern life is full of to-do lists, all-consuming technology and the constant pressure to be doing and striving for more. What if you could train your brain to focus on one thing at a time? What if the secret to better productivity involved doing less, not more?
Drawing on research in psychology, neuroscience, and mindfulness, The Twelve Monotasks provides a clear and accessible plan for life in the twenty-first century. Practice resisting distractions and building focus by doing the things you already do—like reading, sleeping, eating, and listening—with renewed attention. For example, the next time you go for a walk, don’t try to run an errand or squeeze in a phone call, but instead, notice the cool breeze on your face and the plants and birds that may cross your path. Immerse yourself in the activity and let time melt away, even if you’re only actually out for 20 minutes. Notice how much clearer your head feels when you return home. This is the magic of monotasking. With monotasking you will:
- Become more productive
- Produce higher quality work
- Reduce stress
- And increase happiness.
Thatcher Wine’s The Twelve Monotasks will help you do one thing at a time, and do it well, so you can enjoy all of your life!
- “Relinquishing our engagement with multiple goals and dedicating our attention to a specific task rewards us with increased productivity and a markedly reduced sense of stress. By enhancing our monotasking skills we can more deeply experience and benefit from the most fundamental activities of our lives. Thatcher Wine gifts us with the tools to rein in our distractibility, allowing us to more richly participate in all that we do.”—David Perlmutter, MD, author of Grain Brain, and Brain Wash
- “The Twelve Monotasks shows how we're not fully living up to our potential when we multitask and offers practical steps for what we can do about it. Offering key learnings around important daily activities including sleeping, eating, and walking, Thatcher Wine explains the deep and profound need for monotasking and how mastering it can lead to a more present, healthier, and happier you.”—Frank Lipman, MD, author of Better Sleep, Better You
- “Captivating, informative, and beautifully written, The Twelve Monotasks is a potential game changer for how we can give more of our attention to the things that really do matter. Thatcher’s entrepreneurial and personal experience makes him the perfect guide to monotasking. It’s a book worth your time.”—Nate Berkus, author of The Things That Matter
- On Sale
- Dec 7, 2021
- Page Count
- 272 pages
- Little Brown Spark