Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Friends from the Beginning
The Berkeley Village That Raised Kamala and Me
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $29.00 $37.00 CAD
- ebook $16.99 $21.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 16, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
- “It’s my honor to have known Stacey and her family (Robert, Doris, and Ronny) since Stacey was a young girl in Berkeley. FRIENDS FROM THE BEGINNING is an articulate, heartfelt story about Stacey and Kamala Harris from their childhood to adulthood. What a role model for generations to come!”—Eddie Henderson
- "It indeed takes a village, and Stacey Johnson-Batiste's memoir of her coming of age with Kamala Harris in the 'Berkeley Village' of the sixties and seventies is a poignant, engaging look at the characters and the inclusive, progressive environment that shaped them both. Johnson-Batiste—whom Harris calls her 'best friend for life, from the beginning'—provides a unique window into the formative influences that shaped the nation's first female, first Black, and first Asian American vice president."—Jackie Calmes, Los Angeles Times national columnist and author of DISSENT: The Radicalization of the Republican Party and Its Capture of the Court
"A tender look at the author’s lifelong friendship with Kamala Harris, FRIENDS FROM THE BEGINNING is an earnest and affecting love letter to the girl who grew up to be vice president and the neighborhood of families who helped raised her."—Lisa Dickey, New York Times bestselling author and ghostwriter
- “An affectionate homage to a treasured friend.”—Kirkus
- On Sale
- Nov 16, 2021
- Page Count
- 240 pages