Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
By Sophia Glock
Formats and Prices
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover $24.99 $30.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around November 30, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Young Sophia has lived in so many different countries, she can barely keep count. Stationed now with her family in Central America because of her parents’ work, Sophia feels displaced as an American living abroad, when she has hardly spent any of her life in America.
Everything changes when she reads a letter she was never meant to see and uncovers her parents’ secret. They are not who they say they are. They are working for the CIA. As Sophia tries to make sense of this news, and the web of lies surrounding her, she begins to question everything. The impact that this has on Sophia’s emerging sense of self and understanding of the world makes for a page-turning exploration of lies and double lives.
In the hands of this extraordinary graphic storyteller, this astonishing true story bursts to life.
"...a coming-of-age biographical story with a twist."—School Library Connection
- "A rare peek behind the curtain into life as the daughter of U.S. intelligence officers, this is a story full of secrets that expertly unfold one by one. Highly recommended for teen graphic novel collections."—School Library Journal
- "Readers in search of a graphic novel that focuses on the path toward adulthood or teenagers trying claim their identity and independence away from the shadows of their parents will appreciate this offering."—Booklist
- "Glock’s subtly crafted, emotive graphic memoir explores themes of belonging, identity, and loyalty."—Publishers Weekly
- "Glock's memories resonate with vulnerable self-awareness and poignant charm."—Shelf Awareness
- "...simple, unassuming drawings heighten the sense of disconnection."—NPR
- "...cathartic debut graphic memoir."—Bust Magazine
- On Sale
- Nov 30, 2021
- Page Count
- 320 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers