Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Jasad Heir
By Sara Hashem
Formats and Prices
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- Trade Paperback $18.99 $23.99 CAD
Also available from:
"A remarkable, razor-sharp debut that cuts straight to the heart."―Chelsea Abdullah, author of The Stardust Thief
A fugitive queen strikes a bargain with her greatest enemy and becomes embroiled in a complex game that could resurrect her scorched kingdom or leave it in ashes forever In this unmissable Egyptian-inspired epic fantasy debut.
But a moment of anger changes everything. When Arin, the Nizahl Heir, tracks a group of Jasadi rebels to her village, Sylvia accidentally reveals her magic—and captures his attention. Now Sylvia’s forced to make a deal with her greatest enemy: Help him hunt the rebels in exchange for her life.
A deadly game begins. Sylvia can’t let Arin discover her identity, even as hatred shifts into something more between the Heirs. And as the tides change around her, Sylvia will have to choose between the life she wants and the one she abandoned.
The scorched kingdom is rising, and it needs a queen.
Praise for The Jasad Heir:
"Will have you turning pages in a frenzy." ―Shelley Parker-Chan, author of She Who Became the Sun
"[A] complex tapestry of magic, danger, and violence set against some vividly atmospheric worldbuilding" ―Publishers Weekly (starred review)
The Scorched Throne
The Jasad Heir
- “A remarkable, razor-sharp debut that cuts straight to the heart. Steeped in intrigue, tension, and dangerous magic, The Jasad Heir is a thrilling read that held me captive past its heart-pounding ending.”—Chelsea Abdullah, author of The Stardust Thief
- “The Jasad Heir takes familiar fantasy plot elements—a destroyed kingdom; a hidden heir to the lost throne—and gives them a thrilling extra layer of political complexity. The slow burn between protagonist and antagonist will have you turning pages in a frenzy. Sara Hashem is a talent to watch!” —Shelley Parker-Chan, author of She Who Became the Sun
- "A stunning fantasy debut that deftly examines the burdens of political responsibility. With a morally complex heroine and an incomparable enemies-to-lovers arc, The Jasad Heir is a compelling tale of self-discovery, found family, and the meaning of justice."—Hadeer Elsbai, author of The Daughters of Izdihar
- "Beautifully creates a story of intrigue and high stakes ... Hashem’s debut is enemies-to-possible lovers that fantasy romance readers will eat up." —Buzzfeed News
- "Hashem weaves a complex tapestry of magic, danger, and violence set against some vividly atmospheric worldbuilding in her mesmerizing debut."—Publishers Weekly
- "Hashem’s debut novel is inspired partially by her time in Egypt and the rich stories there. Fans who fondly remember the Divergent and Throne of Glass series will find much to enjoy here."—Booklist
"Elegant writing paired with dark but lovely imagery ... a great read for folks who enjoy fantasy fiction."—Lightspeed
- On Sale
- Jul 18, 2023
- Page Count
- 528 pages