Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Trouble with Hating You
By Sajni Patel
Read by Soneela Nankani
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $15.99 $21.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 12, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Strong-willed and proudly single, an engineer walks out when her parents set her up with a lawyer — but when work brings them together again, she just might give love a second chance.
Liya Thakkar is a successful biochemical engineer, takeout enthusiast, and happily single woman. The moment she realizes her parents’ latest dinner party is a setup with the man they want her to marry, she’s out the back door in a flash. Imagine her surprise when the same guy shows up at her office a week later — the new lawyer hired to rescue her struggling company. What’s not surprising: he’s not too thrilled to see her either after that humiliating fiasco.
Jay Shah looks good on paper . . . and off. Especially if you like that whole gorgeous, charming lawyer-in-a-good-suit thing. He’s also infuriating. As their witty office banter turns into late night chats, Liya starts to think he might be the one man who truly accepts her. But falling for each other means exposing their painful pasts. Will Liya keep running, or will she finally give love a real chance? Find out in this laugh-out-loud romantic comedy debut about first impressions, second chances, and finding the love of your life in the most unexpected way.
- "With witty banter and fascinating characters, Sajni Patel takes the classic enemies-to-lovers trope to a deliciously charming level. I loved everything about this book."—Farrah Rochon, USA Today bestselling author
- "Liya and Jay are a couple I've been waiting forever to meet in a romance novel. The Trouble with Hating You has delicious banter, deep wounds, heartwarming friendships, and a path to love that often feels impossibly hard, and the payoff is satisfying enough to give you a book hangover the size of Texas."—Sonali Dev, USA Today bestselling author
- "The enemies-to-lovers arc is classic, but the cultural specificity [Sajni] Patel brings makes this rom-com feel fun and fresh."—Publishers Weekly
- "The Trouble with Hating You was everything I needed --witty banter, explosive chemistry, and a hard won HEA that still has me smiling long after reading the last page. I can't wait for Sajni's next book!"—A.J. Pine, USA Today bestselling author
- "An enjoyable debut! The chemistry between Liya and Jay is off the charts. You'll be rooting for these two from their first meeting!"—Farah Heron
- On Sale
- May 12, 2020
- Hachette Audio