Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $28.00 $35.00 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $18.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 17, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
The "exciting" and "clever" debut thriller (New York Times Book Review): No one knows what happened that night. Seven strangers must decide.
Earl Thomas, a straight-laced taxman with his fair share of police encounters, is the begrudging foreperson in a high-stakes trial in Miami. Laura Hurtado-Perez is a physician whose unassuming manner conceals a private pain. Joseph Cole is the founder of his local neighborhood watch, unduly obsessed with the families around him.
Along with four others, these jurors of varying ages and walks of life whose paths would likely never have otherwise crossed must come together to make one of the most important decisions of their lives.
On the night Melina Mora, a free-spirited woman both proud and kind, was murdered, she was seen with a young man of Gabriel Soto’s description. Two strands of her hair were found in his bedroom. Sandy Grunwald, a young prosecutor whose political ambitions depend on securing a conviction, finds herself pitted against Jordan Whipple, a preening public defender armed with a freshly discovered, dynamite piece of evidence on the eve of the trial—if the Honorable Darla Tackett will admit it.
What Sandy, Jordan, and Judge Tackett all know, however, is that the criminal justice system is complicated, and everyone has a story—especially the jury. And it’s their experiences, biases, and beliefs that will ultimately shape the verdict.
With striking originality and expert storytelling, Robin Peguero’s debut novel explores the prejudice that hangs over every trial in America. You’ve never read a legal thriller quite like this. There’s never been a thriller writer quite like Peguero. And you will not be able to predict how it all ends.
- "Exciting [with] clever twists... I doubt I'll get [Peguero's] book out of my head anytime soon."—Sarah Weinman, New York Times Book Review
- “With Prejudice is a brilliant debut, full stop. Written with warmth, humanity, and raw emotion, this is a both a gripping thriller and an insightful look at the complexities of American crime and punishment. Robin Peguero has written a modern-day 12 Angry Men.”—Harlan Coben, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Match and Stay Close
- “Robin Peguero’s With Prejudice is an outstanding courtroom thriller, told with an engaging focus on the jury room. Peguero’s inside knowledge of the legal system brings an air of authenticity to every page. Highly recommended!”—Scott Turow, New York Times bestselling author of The Last Trial and Presumed Innocent
- "Robin Peguero invigorates the legal thriller… WITH PREJUDICE shows a legal system that is messy because people are messy, yet it works — sometimes — despite the chaos. A journey through Miami’s neighborhoods and myriad ethnic backgrounds elevates the plot.”—Oline H. Cogdill, South Florida Sun Sentinel
- “Mysteries and legal thrillers have been around for centuries… With Prejudice by Robin Peguero breaks those molds.”—The Big Thrill
- “With Prejudice is one of the best legal thrillers I've ever read. The story is tense, exciting, and full of twists and turns, with fascinating insights into the intricate workings of the courtroom. But what the author describes is about more than evidence, testimony and legal strategy. It's a gauntlet where the law is punched, kicked and shaped by people with vastly different agendas. With Prejudice is a deeply human story that reveals all the ways that justice isn't blind. It sees through many eyes.”—Joe Ide, author of IQ and Smoke
- "With Prejudice is a completely unique, utterly captivating legal thriller. Prosecutor Robin Peguero's keen understanding of the justice system—and all its flaws—propels this fast-paced, deeply original novel, leading us into the dark corners of the human mind and heart. The characters are vivid, the storyline compelling, and the writing razor sharp. I tore through it."—Julia Dahl, author of The Missing Hours, Conviction, Run You Down, and Invisible City
- “With Prejudice is a fast, entertaining courtroom drama by an author who knows the ins and outs of the justice system. Peguero employs both his legal expertise and authorial sleight of hand to throw down twists and turns you will not see coming.”—Steph Cha, author of Your House Will Pay (Los Angeles Times Book Prize winner)
- “If you’re always looking for a new legal thriller to get sucked into, today’s your lucky day.”—Bookriot
- On Sale
- May 17, 2022
- Page Count
- 320 pages
- Grand Central Publishing