Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
My Teacher Is a Monster! (No, I Am Not.)
By Peter Brown
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
- ebook (Digital original) $10.99 $13.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around July 1, 2014. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
A young boy named Bobby has the worst teacher. She’s loud, she yells, and if you throw paper airplanes, she won’t allow you to enjoy recess. She is a monster! Luckily, Bobby can go to his favorite spot in the park on weekends to play. Until one day… he finds his teacher there! Over the course of one day, Bobby learns that monsters are not always what they seem.
Each page is filled with “monstrous” details that will have kids reading the story again and again. Peter Brown takes a universal and timeless theme, and adds his own humorous spin to create another winner of a picture book.
- *"This playful, eye-catching story goes a long way to humanize both teachers and students."—Booklist, starred review
- *"Brown, imagining Ms. Kirby from a child's perspective, handles her transformation smoothly, prompting readers to revisit earlier pages. Comic traces of monstrosity linger in Ms Kirby (she still goes green at classroom clowning) yet Brown makes it clear that teachers are people too-even the "mean" ones."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
- * "Here's hoping readers who are similarly challenged in the behavior department will get both messages: Teachers are people, and they give back what they get."—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- * "The clever, texturized illustrations, concise text, comical storyline, and sweet sentiment make this a near-perfect storytime choice for young children."—Library Media Connection, starred review
- "[A] story that students and teachers will enjoy equally."—The Horn Book
- "Bobby's rascally charm will win the hearts of readers."—School Library Journal
- On Sale
- Jul 1, 2014
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers