Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Food in Jars
Preserving in Small Batches Year-Round
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $24.00 $30.00 CAD
- ebook $12.99 $16.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 22, 2012. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Popular food blogger and doyenne of canning, Marisa McClellan, is using small batches and inventive flavors to make preserving easy enough for any novice to tackle. If you grew up eating home-preserved jams and pickles, or even if you’re new to putting up, you’ll find recipes to savor.
Sample any of the 100 seasonal recipes:
- In the spring: Apricot Jam and Rhubarb Syrup
- In the summer: Blueberry Butter and Peach Salsa
- In the fall: Dilly Beans and Spicy Pickled Cauliflower
- In the winter: Three-Citrus Marmalade and Cranberry Ketchup
Marisa’s confident, practical voice answers questions and quells any fears of accidental canning mistakes, and the book is written for cooks of any skill level. Stories of wild blackberry jam and California Meyer lemon marmalade from McClellan’s childhood make for a read as pleasurable as it is delicious; her home-canned food-learned from generations of the original “foodies”-feeds the soul as well as the body.
- "Everything about this book, from the attractive design chock-full of enticing pictures to the ingredients, demystifies the canning process and alleviates associated fears....VERDICT: This is an excellent introduction to preserving. The author keeps things simple by using accessible ingredients and small batches."—Library Journal
- On Sale
- May 22, 2012
- Page Count
- 240 pages
- Running Press