Foreword by Dr. Maury Hafermann
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 4, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
If you are one of the millions of Americans with Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults (LADA), you may not even know it. You may be one of the ten percent of people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes who actually have LADA. Even if you do know that you have LADA, sometimes called “diabetes 1.5,” you’re likely to be inundated with unhelpful advice and potentially harmful treatments, leaving you feeling confused and overwhelmed. That was Jacqueline Haskins’ experience. After visiting five doctors before getting helpful guidance, and realizing there wasn’t a friendly “how-to” book meant for the general public about LADA—she decided to write one.
Winner of the 2023 American BookFest Award in Health and a 2023 Reader’s Favorite Five-Star selection, Kickass Healthy LADA is a welcoming, supportive book packed with practical strategies and tips that can be tailored to any lifestyle or heritage. This medically vetted go-to guide offers patients and their loved ones relief, hope, and critical information including:
- A detailed breakdown of the different diabetes diagnoses
- What makes LADA different and how to find the best treatment team
- Insulin: what it is, what it does, and how to know if we need more of this natural hormone
- Tools for good health with LADA, including food and nutrition advice
- Introducing Carb-Craft: how to safely enjoy the foods you love
- On Sale
- Apr 4, 2023
- Page Count
- 336 pages
- Hachette Go