Formats and Prices
- ebook $16.80 $12.99 CAD
- Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 2, 2017. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
If you see a poster that says “You Can Do Anything at the Library!”, it is NOT giving you permission to put on a circus! But Magnolia doesn’t see any problem with setting up her own big top. She’s got a lot of gusto and one mean human cannonball routine. So what if her greatest show on Earth won’t fit between the bookshelves? Elise Parsley’s boldly expressive illustrations perfectly complement this mostly-librarian-approved guide on how to be everything BUT quiet in the library!
Praise for If You Ever Want to Bring a Circus to the Library, Don't!:
"Good fun to read aloud."
- "This enjoyable romp through the library with Magnolia will engage young readers and keep them looking forward to her next adventure."—School Library Journal
"Spunky little Magnolia continues to push rules to the limit and offer not-so-useful, but always entertaining, advice in her latest outing....Magnolia has to get creative when her human cannonball trick hits a snag....Though the ultimate conclusion is that circuses aren't library-appropriate, the story offers a fun way to address proper library behavior without ignoring the joy books can bring."
- "Bright illustrations and plenty of laugh-out-loud humor."—Brightly
Praise for If You Ever Want to Bring a Piano to the Beach, Don't!: "Magnolia's voice is wonderfully childlike... but her facial expressions top all, perfectly capturing both her exuberance and her mood swings."—Kirkus Reviews
- Praise for If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, Don't!:A New York Times Bestseller"Parsley's digitally created illustrations brim with energy and just-edgy-enough humor... and the well-chosen school-day details in both the artwork and text... deliver a steady stream of laughs."—Publishers Weekly
- "[It] revels in the rampage of the id-here in the form of a formidable and toothy crocodilian. Elise Parsley's jaunty second-person narration is matched by comically expressive and detailed digital artwork that seems to shout from the page."—Wall Street Journal
- "Children are likely to get a kick out of Magnolia's not-quite-contrite tone and the colorful chaos her giant pet creates."—New York Times
- "This is an engaging debut picture book [that] will appeal to a wide age range. Here's hoping for more adventures with Magnolia!"—School Library Journal
- On Sale
- May 2, 2017
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
- Praise for If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, Don't!: