Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Jack's Path of Courage
The Life of John F. Kennedy
Illustrated by Matt Tavares
Cover design or artwork by Matt Tavares
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $8.99 $9.99 CAD
- Hardcover $17.99 $18.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 11, 2016. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
John F. Kennedy was a popular, charismatic president, beloved by many. But he didn't always believe he had the strength or courage for that office. As a child he was sickly and also overshadowed by his strong, capable, athletic older brother Joe. After Joe Jr.'s death John had to work hard to live up to his own expectations and to those of his father. He overcame pain and self-doubt to see the country through one of the most difficult crises in its history. Doreen Rappaport once again combines real-life quotes with her own lyrical prose to create a moving portrait of a beloved figure. Matt Tavares' stunning artwork vividly depicts this unique time in history.
- “Readers see JFK’s competitive drive both in sports and in his defiance of Khrushchev; his intellectual side as a reader and author; his courage during World War II; and his dedication to service, as a “fill-in” for his dead brother Joe’s political plans and as founder of the Peace Corps. Still, Rappaport refuses to turn this life into a hagiography, citing the disaster of the Cuban Missile Crisis and pointing out Kennedy’s slow progress toward civil rights for African Americans.” —The Horn Book
- “A brief but inspiring portrait…” —Kirkus Reviews
- “This beautifully illustrated and gracefully told story serves as a superior introduction to our 35th president.”—School Library Journal
- On Sale
- Oct 11, 2016
- Page Count
- 48 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers