Formats and Prices
Did you know that eating a large serving of french fries—cooked in vegetable oil—delivers the toxicity of smoking 24 cigarettes?
Cornell-trained biochemist turned family physician Dr. Cate Shanahan introduces us to well-respected scientists who warn that vegetable oils are a public health disaster, wreaking havoc on our bodies’ cells by depleting antioxidants and promoting free radical toxicity.
Their many effects include:
- Uncontrollable hunger, so we need drugs to maintain our weight
- Inflammatory fat buildup under our skin and within our internal organs and arteries
- Blood sugar swings that promote bad moods and antisocial behavior
- Disrupted brain energy, concentration problems, and mental illnesses
- Intracellular oxidative stress that promotes cancer development
- Gut inflammation, bloating, heartburn, and the runs
As a solution, she proposes a clear, no-nonsense plan that aligns with our genetic needs and nature’s laws. Thankfully, recovering our health is simplified by the fact that nutrients that treat one condition also tend to treat all the rest. As an added bonus, we also revive our sense of taste so that our cravings shift to wholesome, nourishing foods instead.
- On Sale
- Jun 11, 2024
- Page Count
- 320 pages
- Hachette Go