Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
A Choices Novel
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $12.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around September 7, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
One of PopSugar's Best New YA Books Released in September
Choose your path forward in this mystical interactive YA about the powers of friendship, self-discovery, and tarot.
It's the summer before college and four best friends—Amelia, Chase, Cleo, and Logan—are on the first leg of their road trip inspired by the unique tarot deck that Amelia inherited from her grandmother. However, their trip full of visiting occult shops, bonding and sightseeing, takes a major detour as the friends discover that their tarot deck is more valuable—and coveted—than they could've ever imagined. As the friends race to finish this mystical scavenger-hunt across the West coast and uncover the mysteries of their tarot deck, it is you who will decide where to go next and how the story will end. With four possible final and romantic endings, you will get to make actual choices to further the friends’ road trip adventure in this unique interactive novel.
Will you uncover the mysteries of the tarot deck and the legacy left behind? Will you help Amelia and Chase learn and grow? And will you unravel the secrets these friends keep from each other—and from themselves?
- “Dazzling and mystical, Major Detours takes you on a rollicking adventure studded with tender self-discovery and winding paths I was eager to explore. Zachary Sergi has written a brilliant, innovative story full of wonder.” —Jessica Goodman, bestselling author of They Wish They Were Us and They’ll Never Catch Us
- "I had so much fun reading this novel that, the second I was done with it the first time, I jumped back to the beginning and started reading it again. With Major Detours, Zachary Sergi has put a fresh spin on the age-old question of whether we choose our own adventures, or whether our adventures choose us. This rollicking road trip will keep you guessing until the very last page."—Grant Ginder, author of The People We Hate at the Wedding
- "A fascinating journey for fun and introspection—just like the inspirational tarot.”—Kirkus Reviews
- "Perfect for older teens who enjoy stories of adventure, mystery, and those that involve solving puzzles, riddles, and codes." —SLJ
- On Sale
- Sep 7, 2021
- Page Count
- 320 pages
- Running Press Kids