Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Moon 52 Things to Do in Los Angeles
Local Spots, Outdoor Recreation, Getaways
By Teena Apeles
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $19.99 $24.99 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around December 20, 2022. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
- Cool things to do in and around the city: Check out the art galleries in West Adams, hop on a Jeepney in Historic Filipinotown, and learn a craft from local artisans. Sample street tacos on Sunset, enjoy a platter of Ethiopian food, or experience a drag-show brunch. Bike or skate along the LA River, search for sea life in the tide pools of San Pedro, or hike to the Griffith or Mount Wilson observatories
- Day trips and weekend getaways: Take the Pacific Surfliner Train from Union Station to Solana Beach, kayak on Lake San Marcos, or wander Ojai’s nature preserves. Rent a golf cart on Catalina Island, shop and dine along Santa Barbara’s State Street , or immerse yourself in desert artwork in the Coachella Valley
- Experiences broken down by category: Find to do lists for each season, activities for kids, outdoor adventures, arts and culture, food and drinks, live entertainment, and more
- A local's advice: Longtime Angeleno author Teena Apeles knows the city's ins and outs, from unexpected street art to hidden local history
- Inspirational full-color photos throughout
- Easy-to-scan planning tips: Addresses, nearby attractions, and tips for avoiding the crowds if you're heading to a popular spot
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- "Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
- “The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
- "Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
- "Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
- "Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
- "Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Dec 20, 2022
- Page Count
- 240 pages
- Moon Travel