Formats and Prices
Format:Trade Paperback $12.99 $16.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around December 8, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
From the USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Orphan Sisterscomes a poignant and heart-wrenching WWII story of family, secrets, and a love to survive the impossible — for readers of Natasha Lester and Pam Jenoff!
England, 1943: When twenty-five-year-old May Robinson’s mother is tragically killed one foggy night, May is heartbroken and terrified. She isn’t sure she has the strength to harbor the secret they have kept for so many years-the secret her mother devoted her life to hiding. The secret that would tear their broken family even further apart.
Instead, May vows to make her mother proud by training to be a nurse at Edgemoor General Hospital in South Shields. Surrounded by wailing air-raid sirens and the eternal drone of enemy planes, May tends wounded, ashen-faced soldiers. Working tirelessly alongside her is kindhearted Richard Bentley. May is immediately drawn to his sparkling brown eyes and the way he makes her laugh.
Among the death and despair, May and Richard become beacons of hope for each other-but May wonders why he isn’t fighting in the war like the thousands of other brave young men. Yet May, longing to escape her past, has kept her own secret hidden from Richard. As the peril and uncertainty around them grows, she finds herself asking: How well do they really know each other? And with the war coming closer to home, May cannot keep her shocking truth from coming to light . . .
- "Readers who enjoy the books of Sarah Sundin, Pam Jenoff, and other gentle historical fiction authors are sure to delight in Dickson’s tale."—Booklist
- "Against the backdrop of World War II, this complex romance is the perfect example of how the right person will accept another's flaws unconditionally."—Library Journal
- "[An] unputdownable and emotional World War II story . . . . Dickson is truly a gifted author who will pull every emotion out of you while reading her books."—Sinfully Wicked Book Reviews
- "Our Last Goodbye is exceedingly well written. Shirley [Dickson] has written a story that will tug on even the toughest of heartstrings."—Ginger Book Geek
- "It was a heart-warming story of family, love and heartbreak which will undoubtedly pull at your heart-strings. Just make sure you have a box of tissues ready!"—Stardust Book Reviews on The Orphan Sisters
- "The Orphan Sisters is a book that will stay with me for many years to come and I urge you all to grab your nearest copy and start reading immediately you will not be disappointed."—Stacy Is Reading on The Orphan Sisters
- On Sale
- Dec 8, 2020
- Page Count
- 352 pages