Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $24.99 $31.99 CAD
- ebook $9.99 $11.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 2, 2010. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
This book provides parents with a simple and clear understanding of the biomedical treatment approach that Dr. Sears has used successfully with many of his young patients. It lays out a plan for developmental, behavioral, and learning therapies; shows parents how to begin treatments without a doctor’s help; presents information on vaccines and their safe use; and includes an extensive resources section.
The Autism Book provides all the information and reassurance parents need.
- "A clear, concise plan for the treatment of autism. A must read for anyone interested in the care of the child in the autism spectrum."—Stephanie F. Cave, MD, MS, FAAFP, author of What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations
- "The Autism Book is an important resource for both new and experienced parents of children with autism."—Lawrence D. Rosen, MD, FAAP, founder of The Whole Child Center, Oradell, NJ
- "Autism has many facets, from behavioral to educational to medical, and parents working for the best possible future for their children need a lot of options. Dr. Sears covers the territory broadly, fairly, clearly, and in very useful detail."—Martha Herbert, MD, PhD, assistant professor of neurology at Harvard Medical School and pediatric neurologist at Massachusetts General Hospital
- "An easy-to-read, comprehensive, information-filled resource for parents of children with autism spectrum disorders."—Kenneth A. Bock, MD, author of Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies
- "A gem of a book...In parent-friendly language, Dr. Sears provides a road map for parents of a child with autism. As a neurodevelopmental pediatrician, I know I will be...encouraging every one of my families with a child with an autism spectrum diagnosis to buy this book!"—Marilyn C. Agin, MD, FAAP, neurodevelopmental pediatrician and coauthor of The Late Talker
- "This is a solid, accessible book by a wise pediatrician and teacher and, most important, a doctor who really practices the art of listening to his patients."—Sidney M. Baker, MD, coauthor of Autism: Effective Biomedical Treatments and cofounder of Defeat Autism Now!
- On Sale
- Apr 2, 2010
- Page Count
- 416 pages
- Little Brown Spark