Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Longest Ride
Read by Ron McLarty
Read by January LaVoy
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Abridged) $25.99 CAD
- ebook $8.99 $10.99 CAD
- Hardcover $31.00 $39.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- Trade Paperback $17.99 $22.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback (Media Tie-In) $16.00 $18.00 CAD
- Mass Market $9.99 $12.99 CAD
- Mass Market (Media Tie-In) $8.00 $9.00 CAD
- Audiobook CD (Unabridged) $35.00 $39.00 CAD
- Audiobook CD (Abridged) $15.00 $17.00 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around September 17, 2013. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Ira Levinson is in trouble. Ninety-one years old and stranded and injured after a car crash, he struggles to retain consciousness until a blurry image materializes beside him: his beloved wife Ruth, who passed away nine years ago. Urging him to hang on, she forces him to remain alert by recounting the stories of their lifetime together – how they met, the precious paintings they collected together, the dark days of WWII and its effect on them and their families. Ira knows that Ruth can’t possibly be in the car with him, but he clings to her words and his memories, reliving the sorrows and everyday joys that defined their marriage.
A few miles away, at a local bull-riding event, a Wake Forest College senior’s life is about to change. Recovering from a recent break-up, Sophia Danko meets a young cowboy named Luke, who bears little resemblance to the privileged frat boys she has encountered at school. Through Luke, Sophia is introduced to a world in which the stakes of survival and success, ruin and reward — even life and death – loom large in everyday life. As she and Luke fall in love, Sophia finds herself imagining a future far removed from her plans — a future that Luke has the power to rewrite . . . if the secret he’s keeping doesn’t destroy it first.
Ira and Ruth. Sophia and Luke. Two couples who have little in common, and who are separated by years and experience. Yet their lives will converge with unexpected poignancy, reminding us all that even the most difficult decisions can yield extraordinary journeys: beyond despair, beyond death, to the farthest reaches of the human heart.
- "Sparks is a poet . . . a master."—Philadelphia Inquirer
- "Epic Sparks . . . showcases the author's most accomplished work to date . . . There are moments of perfection . . . Reaching not only young and old, the novel is commingled with enough cowboy action, literary flavor, and a maturing gift for dialogue to reach across the sexes."—Mountain Times (NC)
- "These parallel love stories are each rich in their own right, but together, they tell a broader and more complicated tale of love's growth and evolution over time . . . some surprising twists right up until the very end."—BookReporter.com
- On Sale
- Sep 17, 2013
- Hachette Audio