Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Can't Help Myself
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $15.99 $20.99 CAD
- ebook $13.99 $17.99 CAD
- Hardcover $26.00 $34.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 7, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Usually, Boston Globe advice columnist Meredith Goldstein is the woman with the answers, on all matters of the heart–how to cope with dating fatigue and infidelity, work romances, heartache and heartbreak. But when her mother is diagnosed with cancer, she finds herself in need of insight and wisdom, just like her readers. As she searches for responses to their concerns, she’s surprised to discover not only answers to her own, but also an incredible family of wise and caring individuals who have enriched her life as much as, if not more than, her column has theirs.
CAN’T HELP MYSELF is the extraordinary (and often hilarious) story of a single woman navigating love and loss, and a moving and poignant portrait of an amazing community of big-hearted, love-seeking allies.
- "The book's strength is the way Goldstein shows the blurring of personal and professional boundaries from the unique perspective of an advice columnist....her story of coping with her mother's illness is moving and tenderly wrought."—Publishers Weekly
"A witty, entertaining memoir [that offers] guidance on the precarious integration of life and love."—Kirkus Reviews
- "CAN'T HELP MYSELF is everything we need right now. Meredith is hilarious, smart, and-as you will learn-gives excellent advice without judgment. By the time I got to page two, I was already asking myself, 'how are we not friends?' Every page is a combination of relatable, funny, cringeworthy, and helpful. This book is evidence that none of us is alone, ever."—Alyssa Mastromonaco, New York Times Bestselling author of Who Thought This Was a Good Idea?
- "Meredith Goldstein's warm, witty memoir about tending to an ailing mother and fraught love life while giving sage advice to strangers, offers a new perspective on the eternally confounding questions of love, sex, and friendship."—-Ada Calhoun, author of Wedding Toasts I'll Never Give
- "To say this book made me laugh and cry doesn't do justice to how many times it made me snort and deeply moved me. In this hilarious and heartwarming quest for answers, Meredith Goldstein is as wise as she is fallible, as compassionate as she is prescriptive, and a true maven of the heart."—Faith Salie, author of Approval Junkie
- "Witty and engaging..."—BookTrib
- "Funny...moving, and deeply relatable."—eHarmony
"A touching portrait of a single woman navigating the difficulties of life and love for both herself and thousands of others."—Spirituality & Health Magazine
"By the book's end, we are rooting for her to help herself, and applauding all the help she has given to dozens of others."—Lilith Magazine
- On Sale
- Apr 7, 2020
- Page Count
- 256 pages
- Grand Central Publishing