Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
You Can Draw in 30 Days
The Fun, Easy Way to Learn to Draw in One Month or Less
By Mark Kistler
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback $19.99 $24.99 CAD
- ebook $12.99 $16.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around January 4, 2011. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Pick up your pencil, embrace your inner artist, and learn how to draw in thirty days with this approachable step-by-step guide from an Emmy award-winning PBS host.
Drawing is an acquired skill, not a talent — anyone can learn to draw! All you need is a pencil, a piece of paper, and the willingness to tap into your hidden artistic abilities. With Emmy award-winning, longtime PBS host Mark Kistler as your guide, you’ll learn the secrets of sophisticated three-dimensional renderings, and have fun along the way — in just twenty minutes a day for a month. Inside you’ll find:
- Quick and easy step-by-step instructions for drawing everything from simple spheres to apples, trees, buildings, and the human hand and face
- More than 500 line drawings, illustrating each step
- Time-tested tips, techniques, and tutorials for drawing in 3-D
- The 9 Fundamental Laws of Drawing to create the illusion of depth in any drawing
- 75 student examples to encourage you in the process
- "Sharpen your pencils and open your sketchbook; your teacher is waiting."—Boston Globe
- "A must for anyone who wants to pursue art but doesn't know where to start."—Midwest Book Review
- "Kistler provides detailed instructions and tips that take the mystery out of making simple drawings that look good. He also uses a sense of humor and encouraging words to help."—Deseret News
- "Kistler's approach is light and fun, and rather than overwhelming with technical terminology and intimidating concepts, he instead starts you out putting pencil to paper. Within the first few pages of the book, you are already well on your way...The approach presented in this book works so well because you get instant results, which inspire you to continue with the process."—Sacramento Book Review
- On Sale
- Jan 4, 2011
- Page Count
- 256 pages
- Da Capo Lifelong Books