Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback (Revised) $19.99 $24.99 CAD
- ebook (Revised) $14.99 $19.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around February 14, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from a three-day tour of Reykjavík to a weeklong best of Iceland, plus a nine-day road trip on the famed Ring Road
- Unique experiences and can't-miss highlights: Drive past quaint towns and enormous fjords, hike through Iceland's majestic national parks, and bask in the shimmering glow of the northern lights. Stroll Reykjavík's busy streets, listen to up-and-coming bands at uniquely themed venues, and kick back with a handcrafted Icelandic beer at a local hangout
- The top outdoor activities: Search for seals, whales, and porpoises off the Icelandic coast or spot arctic wildlife like puffins and reindeer onshore. Trek across a mighty glacier, hike the rim of a remote volcano, and relax in the milky blue waters of the Blue Lagoon. Explore crystalline ice caves and mineral-rich lava tubes or catch a rainbow appearing over a thundering waterfall
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Honest advice from local author Jenna Gottlieb on where to eat, where to stay, and when to go, including insight on traveling during the winter
- Handy tools including an Icelandic phrasebook and critical background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
"Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."Chicago Tribune
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Feb 14, 2023
- Page Count
- 344 pages
- Moon Travel