By Helen Taylor
Illustrated by Stevie Lewis
Formats and Prices
Format:Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around October 31, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Without a kitchen, plates, or cups, eating in space isn’t easy. When food floats (and so do you), remember:
1. Be patient: Preparing a meal without gravity’s help takes time.
2. Avoid crumbs: They get everywhere!
3. Clean up after yourself: Today’s stray snack could become tomorrow’s smelly surprise.
Once you learn the dos and don’ts, you’ll be eating like an astronaut in no time!
This fact-filled look at the sometimes complicated task of eating while away from Earth will show young readers what it's really like to live on the space station, with engaging back matter that takes a deep dive into the topic and features photos of real NASA astronauts!
* “A cosmic journey to explore the mysteries of space while imparting valuable lessons on table manners…Heartwarming and informative, this is a stellar addition to any collection.” —SLJ, starred reviewSLJ
“Taylor selects facts likely to interest children and presents them in an easygoing, conversational style … An enticing choice for kids who dream of space travel.”Booklist
“An appetizing guide to space (station) dining.”Kirkus
“Taylor’s conversational tone means that asides … feel naturally incorporated. Lewis’s digital art features crisp, energetic scenes of smiling astronauts and their meals floating through a carefully rendered space station.”Horn Book
- On Sale
- Oct 31, 2023
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers