Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
A Graphic Novel in Storyboards
By Bong Joon Ho
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $30.00 $38.00 CAD
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 19, 2020. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Discover the illustrations that inspired the historic, OSCAR®-winning film’s every shot in this graphic novel drawn by Director Bong Joon Ho himself.
So metaphorical: With hundreds of mesmerizing illustrations, Parasite: A Graphic Novel in Storyboardsis a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the making of one of the best films in years and a brand-new way to experience a global phenomenon.
As part of his unique creative process, Director Bong Joon Ho storyboarded each shot of PARASITE prior to the filming of every scene. Accompanied by the film’s dialogue, the storyboards he drew capture the story in its entirety and inspired the composition of the film’s every frame and scene. Director Bong has also written a foreword and provided early concept drawings and photos from the set, which take the reader even deeper into the vision that gave rise to this stunning cinematic achievement.
Director Bong’s illustrations share the illuminating power of his writing and directing. The result is a gorgeous, riveting read and a fresh look at the vertiginous delights and surprises of Bong Joon Ho’s deeply affecting, genre-defying story.
PRAISE FOR THE FILM PARASITE:"A flat-out masterpiece...the most important film of the year."
- "[A] brilliant genre mash-up...Parasite has a rich set of ideas -- relevant ones. It has a righteous, playful sense of humor outmatched only by the beautiful timing and sharp, personable wit of its cast, [and] the wit of its stylish director, who brings his richest storytelling instincts to bear on the material."—Vanity Fair
- "An acid-black comedy that eats at the mind...What keeps you rapt in Parasite is the visual wit -- every shot distills the movie's themes -- and the richness of the characters and performances."—Vulture
- "A spicy genre guacamole with a social commentary that speaks to all of us... the brilliance and uniqueness of Parasite resides not only in the fact that it blends genres seamlessly, but that each sequence, scene, camera angle and performance is incredibly precise."—Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Variety
- "Brilliant and insidious."—The Guardian
- "A tremendous work...the most pleasurable experience you [will] have in a movie theater."—GQ
- "The best movie of the year so far."—Slate
- "[Bong Joon Ho's] most arresting social satire yet."—NPR
- "Bong is a merchant of stealth."—The New Yorker
- "[Bong's] finest work in a variety of genres."—Chicago Tribune
- "A social satire of almost breathless audacity, a three-dimensional chess game of Darwinian one-upmanship that is by turns hilarious, terrifying, and brutal."—Boston Globe
- On Sale
- May 19, 2020
- Page Count
- 304 pages
- Grand Central Publishing