Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
By Ame Dyckman
Illustrated by Zachariah OHora
Formats and Prices
- Hardcover $18.99 $23.99 CAD
- ebook (Digital original) $10.99 $13.99 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around April 5, 2016. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
The New York Times-bestselling duo behind Wolfie the Bunny presents a hilarious read-aloud about accidents, outbursts, manners…and the power of saying “I’m sorry.”
Bear didn’t mean to break a little girl’s kite, but she’s upset anyway–upset enough to shout “HORRIBLE BEAR!” Bear can’t believe it. He’s not horrible! But now he’s upset, too–upset enough to come up with a truly Horrible Bear idea. In this charming but goofy picture book, readers will learn all about tempers, forgiveness, and friendship as Bear prepares to live up to his formerly undeserved reputation while the little girl realizes that maybe–just maybe–Bear isn’t as horrible as she thought.
Praise for Horrible Bear!: A 2020 Book to Treasure"As fun as a theme park ride... Dyckman and OHora specialize in full-spectrum emotion and offbeat charm."—New York Times Book Reveiw
- *"Molly Bang's Sophie finally has a worthy shelf-mate for absolutely spot-on characterizations of mood. VERDICT: Highly recommended for picture book collections." —School Library Journal, Starred Review
- *"A perfectly over-the-top look at tantrums, friendship, and forgiveness that is sure to resonate with preschoolers and parents alike." —Booklist, Starred Review
- *"OHora works his goofy magic everywhere."—Publishers Weekly, Starred Review
- "A picture-book exploration of temper and forgiveness made vivid by Zachariah OHora's fun, noisy illustrations."—The Wall Street Journal
- "A charmingly loud and lighthearted friendship story." —Kirkus Reviews
- "Absolutely beautiful!"—The Globe and Mail
- "Author Dyckman has a knack for combining humor with emotional truths, and illustrator OHora delivers a charming spitfire of a character with a mess of red curls as unruly as her emotions."—Common Sense Media
- On Sale
- Apr 5, 2016
- Page Count
- 40 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers