By Christopher Drew
With Annette Lawrence Drew
Formats and Prices
- ebook $12.99 $16.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback $21.99 $28.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around March 4, 2008. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Blind Man’s Bluff is an exciting, epic story of adventure, ingenuity, courage, and disaster beneath the sea. This New York Times bestseller reveals previously unknown dramas, such as:
- The mission to send submarines wired with self-destruct charges into the heart of Soviet seas to tap crucial underwater telephone cables.
- How the Navy’s own negligence may have been responsible for the loss of the USS Scorpion, a submarine that disappeared, all hands lost, in 1968.
- The bitter war between the CIA and the Navy and how it threatened to sabotage one of America’s most important undersea missions.
- The audacious attempt to steal a Soviet submarine with the help of eccentric billionaire Howard Hughes, and how it was doomed from the start.
A magnificent achievement in investigative reporting, Blind Man’s Bluff reads like a spy thriller, but with one important difference — everything in it is true.
- On Sale
- Mar 4, 2008
- Page Count
- 400 pages