Read by Robertson Dean
Read by Coleen Marlo
By Jim Thompson
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around December 25, 2011. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Told from multiple perspectives, The Kill-Off tells the story of a woman not long for this earth–but who will finally take matters into their own hands, and when? THE KILL-OFF was the basis of Maggie Greenwald’s critically acclaimed film of the same name.
- "The best suspense writer going, bar none."—The New York Times
- "My favorite crime novelist-often imitated but never duplicated."—Stephen King
- "If Raymond Chandler, Dashiell Hammett and Cornell Woolrich would have joined together in some ungodly union and produced a literary offspring, Jim Thompson would be it...His work...casts a dazzling light on the human condition."—Washington Post
- "Like Clint Eastwood's pictures it's the stuff for rednecks, truckers, failures, psychopaths and professors ... one of the finest American writers and the most frightening, [Thompson] is on best terms with the devil. Read Jim Thompson and take a tour of hell."—The New Republic
- "The master of the American groin-kick novel."—Vanity Fair
- "The most hard-boiled of all the American writers of crime fiction."—Chicago Tribune
- On Sale
- Dec 25, 2011
- Hachette Audio