Read by Rae McDaniel, MED, LCPC, CST
Formats and Prices
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around May 30, 2023. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Taking everything they know from more than a decade of working with the queer and trans community, their personal journey of gender exploration, and clinical best practices, licensed therapist, coach, and speaker Rae McDaniel created the Gender Freedom Model. A uniquely supportive narrative for gender exploration and transition grounded in queer joy, their nine-pillar model has helped thousands of transgender and nonbinary individuals explore gender through play, pleasure, and freedom. And now, it can help you too.
Whether you're transgender, non-binary, cisgender, or still exploring, this compassionate and practical guide will help you experience your gender in new, expansive ways by teaching:
- How to move from anxiety, self-doubt, and fear to a confident, proactive state of mind.
- How to navigate discomfort and celebrate your inherent worth as you develop genuine self-love.
- How to design relationships, community, and a sex life that lights you up.
- Practical tools to align your gender identity and expression with your most authentic self through play, pleasure, and possibility.
"Rae McDaniel is a leader in their generation, matching compassion with clear-sighted vision for a sex-positive future.” – Emily Nagoski, Ph.D, author of Come As You Are and Burnout
- "Rae McDaniel is a leader in their generation, matching compassion with clear-sighted vision for a sex-positive future."—Emily Nagoski, Ph.D, author of Come As You Are and Burnout
- "Gender Magic reroutes the hero's journey by insisting that all bodies are sites of profound creativity and pleasure, ever generating innovative meanings. A cutting-edge triumph that will likely save lives on its way to illuminating new stories to live by."—Lidia Yuknavich, critically acclaimed author of The Chronology of Water
- "Gender Magic is a fresh and audacious guide to gender freedom, helping readers find the courage and momentum they need to confidently be themselves in the world. This book is essential reading for those exploring gender and those who love them."—Andrea Owen, author of How to Stop Feeling like Sh*t, global keynote speaker, and Professional Certified Life Coach
- "Rae has written an as-promised magical book that takes you by the heart and leads you through both their own and your own journey from gender-surviving to gender-thriving. A must-read for anyone with a gender worth celebrating (that means you!)."—Yana Tallon-Hicks, LMFT, Sex Therapist and author of Hot and Unbothered: How to Think About, Talk About, and Have the Sex You Really Want
- "Gender Magic is a bold and accessible look at gender diversity that had me screaming, “Yes!” all the way through. This book is a celebration of gender freedom for all of us and provides a powerful and hopeful vision of a world where each of us gets to live without shame as our true selves."—Susan Hyatt, Master Certified Life Coach and bestselling author of Bare
- "Rae McDaniel offers a hopeful path forward for gender explorers and those who love them, teaching folks how to find joy and meaning in the journey towards authenticity. This book is full of valuable guidance that honors and prepares people for the complexities within this particular life journey."—Dr. Scott Mosser, Surgeon and Founder of the Gender Confirmation Center
- "Gender Magic is a masterclass in authenticity, worthiness, and letting your full self be seen—written from the lens of gender freedom. It’s a must read for anyone on a journey to joyfully break out of confining gender 'boxes,' and live their biggest, best life."—Rachel Rodgers, bestselling author of We Should All Be Millionaires
- On Sale
- May 30, 2023
- Hachette Audio