Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
Read by Paul Michael
Formats and Prices
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
- ebook $9.99 $11.99 CAD
- Mass Market $9.99 $12.99 CAD
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around March 26, 2019. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Stolen sports cars, brilliant casino heists, and the brazen kidnapping of a prince: only shadowy spy for hire Simon Riske can stop the mastermind behind it all.
Monte Carlo’s lavish casinos have become the target of a sophisticated and brutal team of professional gamblers; a casino dealer has been beaten to death; a German heiress’s son has been kidnapped. Who better to connect the crimes and foil a daringly brilliant plot than Simon Riske, freelance industrial spy? Riske — part Bond, part Reacher — knows Monte Carlo well: it’s where he was once a thrill-seeking thief himself, robbing armored trucks and leading police on dangerous car chases across the Côte d’Azur, until he was double-crossed, served his time, and graduated as an investment genius from the Sorbonne.
Now Riske is a man who solves problems, the bigger and “riskier” the better. From the baccarat tables of Europe’s finest casinos to the superyachts moored in Monaco’s Port Hercule to a secluded chalet deep in the Swiss Alps, Riske will do what he does best: get in over his head, throw himself into danger, and find a way to outthink and outmaneuver villains of every stripe.
In one of the most clever, enjoyable, and entertaining series to come along in years, this sequel to The Take gives readers what they want most: a hero we can root for, locales we wish we were in, and a plot that never lets up.
- "A stylish international thriller . . . Reich's solid tradecraft and nonstop action are humanized by the hint of a relationship of the heart."—Booklist
- "[An] entertaining sequel . . . Reich infuses his narrative with numerous plot threads that seem separate but end up satisfyingly intersecting for a suspenseful ending. Readers will want to see a lot more of Riske."—Publishers Weekly
- "Simon Riske returns for another car-studded adventure. . . . Monaco, fast cars, rich women, bad Bosnians--what more is there?"—Kirkus Reviews
- PRAISE FOR CHRISTOPHER REICH
"It's To Catch a Thief meets Jason Bourne: a stylish, jet-propelled thriller full of intriguing characters and surprising twists. Simon Riske is a character I'll want to meet again."—Jeff Abbott, New York Times bestselling author of Blame
- On Sale
- Mar 26, 2019
- Hachette Audio