Go to Hachette Book Group home
Join the Club!
Use code DAD23 for 20% off + Free shipping on $45+ Shop Now!
The Last Guests
By JP Pomare
Formats and Prices
- ebook $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Hardcover $28.00 $35.00 CAD
- Audiobook Download (Unabridged)
This item is a preorder. Your payment method will be charged immediately, and the product is expected to ship on or around August 31, 2021. This date is subject to change due to shipping delays beyond our control.
Also available from:
Ever have the feeling you’re being watched?
Newlyweds Lina and Cain don’t make it out to their property on gorgeous Lake Tarawera as often as they’d like, so when Cain suggests they rent the house out to vacationers, Lina reluctantly agrees. While the home has been in her family for generations, they could use the extra money. And at first, Lina is amazed at how quickly guests line up, and at how much they’re willing to pay.
But both Lina and Cain have been keeping secrets, secrets that won’t be put off by fresh paint or a new alarm system. And someone has been watching them—their mundane tasks, their intimate moments. When a visit takes a deadly turn, Lina realizes someone out there knows something they shouldn’t…and that welcoming strangers into your home is playing a dangerous game.
- "The Last Guests is a twisty thriller with an ending I didn't see coming. A cautionary tale for our times."—Megan Goldin, author of The Escape Room
- “Prepare to get goosebumps as you read The Last Guests.”—PopSugar
“This twisty thriller keeps readers guessing until the final pages, as Lina, her husband, and the voyeurs who watch navigate a web of deceit and betrayal.”
"Reading JP Pomare is like watching a magic trick. While you focus on his hands, you fail to see what’s really happening right in front of your eyes, or behind you, or outside your window."—Michael Robotham, author of Good Girl, Bad Girl
- “Meticulously-plotted and relentlessly tense, The Last Guests is JP Pomare at the top of his psych-thriller game. On one hand, it's an innovative, exhilarating and deeply unsettling story about technology and the underbelly of cyber-crime . . . on the other, it's a sharp and thoughtful exploration of marriage, intimacy, trust, and the things we do for love. The characters and settings get right under your skin and stay there. Couldn't put it down, can't stop thinking about it. Bump it to the top of your must-read list immediately.”—Anna Downes, author of The Safe Place
“Chilling… Pomare knows how to keep the pages turning.” —Publishers Weekly
- “A smart, innovative thriller, The Last Guests will have you moving off-grid and throwing your cell phone in the nearest lake. This nerve-wracking, fast-paced tale takes all our fears about surveillance technology and twists them into one nightmarish Gordian knot. Carefully constructed, chilling and compelling, Pomare's latest creation will keep you guessing right up to the last page.”—Rose Carlyle, author of The Girl in the Mirror
- "The Last Guests is a cunning, complex, contemporary thrill-ride."—Christian White, author of The Nowhere Child
- On Sale
- Aug 31, 2021
- Page Count
- 336 pages
- Mulholland Books